“Recommendable hotel for a visit at Bunratty Castle and Limerick” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bunratty Castle Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bunratty
Tentlingen
“Recommendable hotel for a visit at Bunratty Castle and Limerick”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Because there were some negative comments on the hotel here on Tripadvisor, I was a little bit worried while driving there, since we had booked it in advance.
But the hotel is, actually, really good.

The rooms are very large and while they are not brand-new, they are functional and comfortable. Maybe a little bit loud in the morning (depending on the room you get), but not a problem. The hotel is not the "standard business hotel" but more individual and in a traditional style. Very friendly receptionists, nice little bar. The breakfast room is a bit on the negative side, not very nice atmosphere but the breakfast itself is good. The pool in the spa area is great.

The location is very convenient for a visit to Bunratty Castle (and folk park) which is just a short walk away and one of the very nice attractions in the area. Limerick is only a few minutes away by car.

And in the vicinity of the hotel (ca. 5 Minutes Walk), there are several restaurants and pubs with good food.

Thus: If in the area, I can really recommend you the Bunratty Castle Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dirk M
Deirdre2011, Director of Sales at Bunratty Castle Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing the details of your visit to Bunratty Castle Hotel. We’re delighted to hear you had a positive experience with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the staff at the hotel, it’s great to get such a delightful feedback. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Co. Clare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We love this lovely hotel at a perfect location. My daughter said "It's too perfect to be the real" when she walks along the small road down to the bar & shops nearby and passing the road to Folk park. Staff are helpful & friendly that made our days staying there are memorable.
Plan to stay here if we come back this part of Ireland, sure!

Room Tip: Corner room has 2 windows to enjoy viewing from your room when having cup of tea :)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Huongttcpa
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing the details of your visit to Bunratty Castle Hotel. We’re thrilled you & your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your compliments regarding the staff at the hotel, it’s great to get such a delightful feedback. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Clare.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Staff were so friendly and helpful. Highly recommend and don't understand the expectations of those who have wrote negative reports on this hotel. Clean, comfortable bedrooms, a hearty breakfast with really helpful staff and fab live music in the bar on both weekend nights. Will visit again.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Trish K
Dear Tripadvisor Member,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent experiences at the hotel. We are delighted to hear it was a pleasant stay. Thank you for your lovely compliments of the staff. We’re also thrilled to hear you enjoyed our live music in Kathleen’s bar. Be sure to check out the Angansa Spa next time. It’s a great way to relax and unwind. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Bunratty soon.
pacific palisades
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed at this property as part of a small group tour to attend the Folk Park and Irish Banquet there. The rooms are indeed spacious and nicely furnished but in dire need of a renovation as are the common areas especially. The carpeting needs to be replaced and the walls painted throughout the property. I felt the hotel was poorly maintained, as I, like other travelers' reviews had mentioned before, was assigned a room with a broken air conditioner. Much to my dismay I found a letter on my bed informing me of the problem. Nothing changed after two days. Most hotels worth any salt would have a technician out immediately to remedy the problem. Some ladies of my group experienced the same problem, but in fairness to the hotel, they were moved to other rooms with a functioning air conditioner. Among other things, the wifi is terrible and mostly unavailable and therefore useless. The breakfast was served in a room I likened to a camp dining hall. Selections were limited, bland, rarely replenished--food that had spilled on counter or floor was not cleaned promptly. The worst thing were the loud, ruckus raising wedding guests! I retired my last evening there at 10ish because I was getting up at 3:30 to be taken to Dublin for a 9 am flight. I slept with the windows open (remember, no air) and was awakened in the courtyard by three loud guys at 2:30 yelling. As I sped off at 4 am to my flight, wedding guests were still loud and unruly throughout the property, and this on a Wednesday! If you can overlook the shortcomings, the hotel is good value because of its location to Shannon, the Burren, and Cliffs. I must also admit the room had a certain amount of Irish charm which I also appreciated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank nancy s
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our Hotel. Please know that I have passed along all of your comments to our maintenance & housekeeping department also like to offer my sincere apologies .Thank you again for your review and I do hope you will allow us another opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I would recommend this to anyone thinking of Wedding Venues, the location is gorgeous for pictures.The rooms were beautiful well worth the money, and what really made it special was the staff. They were AMAZING couldn't do enough for us,so helpful and the hall was breathtaking. Thank You so much for making this so special.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bro1977
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your kind words, we are delighted me made your day that bit extra special. We are pleased you had an amazing experience at Bunratty Castle Hotel. Thank you again for your review and kind recommendation, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your first anniversary.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night en route to Clifden from Dublin. Primarily we came to see the castle and folk park, but also to break up some of the driving on our road trip. It's not a cheap place to stay for a night, which is why I guess I felt a bit underwhelmed. The rooms are a bit tired...the one we stayed in seriously needed a paint job, but at least it was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good. The location is great if you are visiting the castle and there are a couple of pubs/restaurants next door. I will mention though that the service was not as nice as we'd had in other places in Ireland. The woman who checked us in was a bit rude to my husband who just tried to ask her a simple question. And nobody offered to help us with our bags. Again - I expected a bit better given what we were paying. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at our Hotel. Please know that I have passed along all of your comments to our management team also like to offer my sincere apologies that you felt any negativity from our staff, I have spoken with our Front Office Manager, and he will be addressing the situation. Thank you again for your review and I do hope you will allow us another opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Saint Simons Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel is located only a very short walk to the Bunratty Castle and the Folk Park. Both were so very interesting! The hotel is an older hotel but I like older hotels. It was very quite and the bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom was very nice and the only meal I had there was breakfast which was a typical very wonderful Irish breakfast. I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I think any of the Bunratty's rooms would be good since I isn't on a main road.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Adventures60
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Bunratty Castle Hotel. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Co. Clare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bunratty
Bunratty Manor Hotel
Park Inn by Radisson Shannon Airport
Hotel Woodstock
Hotel Woodstock
#2 of 9 in Ennis

Been to Bunratty Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!