“Trish and The Briar Lodge”
Review of Briar Lodge

Briar Lodge
Ranked #8 of 23 Bunratty B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Friends and I stayed at The Briar Lodge on our first and last 2 days on our trip to Ireland. We found Briar Lodge and it's owner Trish Cronin to be our absolute favorite of our trip! Besides being an immaculate and peaceful setting, it was Trish who made our stay so memorable. Trish went out of her way to make us feel comfortable and welcome and recommended restaurants and activities in the Bunratty area and all were wonderful. We were leaving early to fly home and the night before Trish brought us a basket of scones / bread as well as orange juice so we could have something to eat before our flight home. I would recommend Briar Lodge to anyone planning on travelling to Ireland and will stay there on my next trip all because of Trish! She really did go above and beyond for myself as well as my friends!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at this B&B at the start of our vacation in Ireland and it was everything and more than we expected. Just minutes from all that Bunratty has to offer including dining and entertainment, it is beautifully decorated and mantained with spotlessly clean and airy rooms.
The owner Trish was so helpful and friendly and provided an excellent breakfast as well as recommendations on where to eat out locally.
her garden was a riot of colors and scents- I was envious!
I would definitely recommend this B&B !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We began our " Gathering Trip" to Ireland with a stop at this B&B in Bunratty - just nearby Shannon Airport, and what a great choice it was.
The proprietress Trish was welcoming and warm and encouraged us to grab a couple of hours sleep right away in our fresh ,airy bedrooms so as to make the most of the rest of the day.
She provided us with information and directions to local attractions and even got us dinner reservations at the last minute when we got back after our day out.
That night we got to have a nightcap in her beautiful garden and enjoy the peace.
We resolved to get back there early on the day before our flights back home so as to wind down there again and enjoy the proximity to Bunratty Castle and local entertainments.

Trish's excellent breakfast sent us off the next day and on our next trip we plan to use her B&B as a base to do day trips to Clare and its environs.
Hospitality at its finest!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Myself and my husband stayed in this b&b the night before we attended a local wedding.
We had to change our check-in time and this was no problem with the owner Trish.
When we arrived the house is surrounded by a very well-kept and colourful garden. The house itself was immaculate. We stayed in a double room downstairs which was bright, airy and very comfortable. There was tea and coffee facilities in the room and a hairdryer in the dressingtable drawer. There was an ensuite bathroom and even showergel, shampoo and conditioner were provided.. a very nice touch.
Breakfast was good with a varied selection of cereal, fruit and yogurt. There was a good variety of hot breakfasts cooked to order.
The owner and her husband were very friendly and accommodating and I would highly recommend this b&b!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This gorgeous property was recommended to us by a colleague who had toured southern Ireland the previous summer. Briar Lodge was, by far, my favorite bed and breakfast on the trip! When you drive up to the property, it is clear that the owners love and care for their home. There are gorgeous flowers everywhere, and every spot is perfectly manicured. We were greeted by Trish, who, I had been told, was an absolute joy. She was cheerful, informative, funny, and at-the-ready for any need that arose. The room we stayed in at the top of the stairs to the right was perfect for us. It had been recently finished, so the room was bright, spacious, and fresh. The breakfast provided by Trish was like having morning tea with the queen. She prepared an elegant table, asked for our preferences, then cheerfully delivered a five star breakfast to each of us. In truth, I would return to Bunratty just to stay at Briar Lodge.

Room Tip: Oops! I accidentally said the swimming pool was excellent, however there is no pool. :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I say make Briar Lodge your first stop in Ireland so it can set the tone for your entire trip. My sister Lisa has already extolled the virtues of Briar Lodge and Trish, its proprietor, but I have to add my two cents! Trish did all the things Lisa said and more. The lodge seemed to be magical, with a riot of colorful flowers and bright red accent pieces in the gardens. Not only was our room comfortable, but Trish made the lodge feel like our home. It was inviting. It was warm. It was welcoming. We were exhausted from a long flight and my luggage was lost, yet Trish made it all seem fine. I wish we could've spent more time there and if I'm lucky enough to visit Ireland again, I will certainly make Briar Lodge my first stop. We miss you, Trish! :) Joan and Lisa

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 17 July 2013

If you are looking for a wonderful B&B in Bunratty, then book a stay at the Briar Lodge. We spent a night there while we toured the nearby castle. Trish is amazing; the home is gorgeous; the service was wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family