“Great Stay, Great Location”
Review of Briar Lodge

Briar Lodge
Ranked #8 of 23 Bunratty B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Stay, Great Location”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was our final stopping place before flying out from Shannon and I can truly say I wish I had booked another night. The house is in short range from Bunratty castle, Shannon, Limerick and several other points of interest. The food was outstanding, with offerings outside of the traditional breakfast (towards the end of the trip, we were tiring of the standard fare...). The host, Trish, was great on conversation and was delightful. Additionally, we stayed in the three bed room which would be great for those traveling with 2 little ones that need a break from each other!

I would definitely recommend the reader book a stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My daughter and I stayed with Trish and Tony when we drove around Ireland. We felt at home from the minute Trish greeted us. Our room was clean and roomy; breakfast was yummy and we enjoyed finding out about the local area. I highly recommend staying with them and seeing Bunratty Castle.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Canberra
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My stay at the Briar Lodge really was a highlight of my 5 month trip to ireland. Aside from having a beautiful, warm, well-decorated, comfy and efficient house, Trish and Tony really went above and beyond my expectations to ensure my stay in Buratty, as well as in their home, was everything I could have hoped for. I was given tourist advice, treated to delicious food, and was surrounded by beautiful Irish country. Would definitely go back!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Friends and I stayed at The Briar Lodge on our first and last 2 days on our trip to Ireland. We found Briar Lodge and it's owner Trish Cronin to be our absolute favorite of our trip! Besides being an immaculate and peaceful setting, it was Trish who made our stay so memorable. Trish went out of her way to make us feel comfortable and welcome and recommended restaurants and activities in the Bunratty area and all were wonderful. We were leaving early to fly home and the night before Trish brought us a basket of scones / bread as well as orange juice so we could have something to eat before our flight home. I would recommend Briar Lodge to anyone planning on travelling to Ireland and will stay there on my next trip all because of Trish! She really did go above and beyond for myself as well as my friends!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at this B&B at the start of our vacation in Ireland and it was everything and more than we expected. Just minutes from all that Bunratty has to offer including dining and entertainment, it is beautifully decorated and mantained with spotlessly clean and airy rooms.
The owner Trish was so helpful and friendly and provided an excellent breakfast as well as recommendations on where to eat out locally.
her garden was a riot of colors and scents- I was envious!
I would definitely recommend this B&B !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We began our " Gathering Trip" to Ireland with a stop at this B&B in Bunratty - just nearby Shannon Airport, and what a great choice it was.
The proprietress Trish was welcoming and warm and encouraged us to grab a couple of hours sleep right away in our fresh ,airy bedrooms so as to make the most of the rest of the day.
She provided us with information and directions to local attractions and even got us dinner reservations at the last minute when we got back after our day out.
That night we got to have a nightcap in her beautiful garden and enjoy the peace.
We resolved to get back there early on the day before our flights back home so as to wind down there again and enjoy the proximity to Bunratty Castle and local entertainments.

Trish's excellent breakfast sent us off the next day and on our next trip we plan to use her B&B as a base to do day trips to Clare and its environs.
Hospitality at its finest!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Myself and my husband stayed in this b&b the night before we attended a local wedding.
We had to change our check-in time and this was no problem with the owner Trish.
When we arrived the house is surrounded by a very well-kept and colourful garden. The house itself was immaculate. We stayed in a double room downstairs which was bright, airy and very comfortable. There was tea and coffee facilities in the room and a hairdryer in the dressingtable drawer. There was an ensuite bathroom and even showergel, shampoo and conditioner were provided.. a very nice touch.
Breakfast was good with a varied selection of cereal, fruit and yogurt. There was a good variety of hot breakfasts cooked to order.
The owner and her husband were very friendly and accommodating and I would highly recommend this b&b!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple