“Inviting hostess”

Ranked #8 of 23 Bunratty B&B and Inns
Coral Springs, Florida
“Inviting hostess”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

This B&B was our last stay before flying out the next am. The hostess greeted us at the door and was very friendly. She helped us make plans for the day (what to see, places for dinner, a pub with some good music). The B&B was beautiful and very comfortable (the bed was the most comfortable of the 5 accommodations we stayed in while in Ireland). She made sure we knew how to use the showers (each b&b had different showers and believe me getting scalded at 8am was not fun!!) and she knew our flight was departing early so she had a grab and go breakfast ready for us (6am) of scones, cereal, juices and fruits. She was a lovely hostess with a beautifully clean place and I would recommend everyone to visit while in County Clare.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We loved our stay at the Briar Lodge, Trish is an amazing hostess! she took care of every detail and always was there for any help. If you want to stay someplace wonderful near the Shannon Airport (either upon arrival or departure) THIS is the place. The facilities are great, the place is kept impecable decorated in good taste, bed is good, space is good, breakfast was amazing! Very close to the Bunratty Casttle and the Durty Nells Pub. Best way to start our honeymoon in Ireland!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I based ourselves at Briar's Lodge for 3 nights while exploring County Clare, County Limerick and part of County Kerry.
Everything was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was delicious with a range of choices. Briar's Lodge is set in a quiet location, off the beaten track but not far from anything. Hostess, Trish goes the extra mile to ensure a wonderful stay. We felt very welcome and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

My wife & I found Trish, the owner of Briar Lodge, very welcoming & helpful. Room was small but very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent! A little hard to find (especially at night) so I would advise to get good directions from hostess or to get GPS coordinates (not just the address). Location was excellent - very close to Bunraty Castle. Great value.

• Stayed September 2013
Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My mom and I recently stayed at the Briar Lodge B&B and received wonderful service from Trish and her family. She was kind enough to give us a lift into town and pick us up again later in the evening since she could tell we were exhausted from driving all day. The room was very large and very comfortable. She also made me french toast for breakfast the next morning which was a welcome relief from the traditional Irish breakfasts we had eaten the previous 5 days! I would highly recommend staying at the Briar Lodge if you're passing through Bunratty. I know we will be back for another stay if we ever visit Ireland agian.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lexington, IN
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Upon my husband and my arrival in Ireland, we spent our first night at Briar Lodge. What a great way to start the vacation experiencing such a warm greeting and welcome by Trish, the property owner. The rooms are spacious, exceptionally clean, and the B & B is well maintained with flower gardens galore.
Briar Lodge, although a 3-star rated B & B, offers 4-Star amenities and hospitality and is convenient to the Shannon airport, Bunratty Castle, Cliffs of Moher, just to name a few.
We cannot say enough good things about our Briar Lodge experience and made it our last stop before flying home to the US.
We would highly recommend Briar Lodge to anyone planning a trip to beautiful Ireland.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed here for only a few hours but I wish it could have been longer. I was flying out from Shannon airport early the next morning but I arrived late, maybe 10.30pm. I was very tired and hungry and I received a very warm welcome. Firstly it was impossible to get a taxi in Bunratty after I had gotten off the bus, but the b&b owner came down and picked me up at the bus stop :O I was so grateful, she showed me to my room which was downstairs and I felt at home right away. The rooms are very cosy and have everything you would need. Because I arrived so late she brought me coffee and a tray of something to eat. I was delighted because if I was at home that would have been the first order of things to do after a long bus journey. I had a very early flight and she organised to get up earlier to cook me a hot breakfast before the other guests woke up and she dropped me back to the bus stop, so I could start my trip abroad. I had a lovely stay and it felt like for part of my trip I was not away from home. I had a 32 hour, 2 city journey ahead of me so I really appreciated the care, not service, I received. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I would really just speak to the owner and she will accommodate you. She gave me her mobile number j...