Headley Court B&B
  • Restaurant
US$206
US$175
Orbitz.com
The Inn at Dromoland(Newmarket-on-Fergus)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$126
Travelocity
Dromoland Castle Hotel(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewskathleen browneb bshannon airportbunratty castlemade us feelbreakfast was deliciousmouth wateringlow roadbed and breakfasta great stayminute drivewent out of her waytwo nightshouse is beautifuleach morningthe perfect place to stayroom was spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Rooms were spotless and very comfortable and quiet. Shower was very weak, though. Breakfast was delicious with a variety of choices. Kathleen is a lovey host. We had to leave early on our departure date to catch our flight and she brought up a plate of fruit and scones since we would miss the normal breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank bdonnici
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Headley Court was wonderful. The accommodations were comfortable, beautiful and amenities were great. The food was great. Kathleen gave us recommendations for dinner. Kathleen was a wonderful host--cheerful and gracious. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank csheets2014
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at Headley Court for only one night, but would have stayed longer if we could have. Kathleen was very nice and even dropped us off near the Bunratty castle so we could explore and then hike back. The house and grounds were immaculate and very modern. The large walk in shower was really nice. The breakfast was very good and nicely presented. The location was also perfect for seeing the Bunratty castle and surrounding area, and close to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a large walk in shower.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We found this location by luck and were pleasantly surprised. My wife and I traveled around Ireland with little to no agenda and found B&B's along the way. We stayed here our second night. We were not having very good luck finding a B&B in Bunratty that had rooms available. After calling serveral from numbers we found on this site and speaking with our bartender we spoke to the host at Headley and she had just had a cancellation. Lucky us!!

The stay was wonderful. The room was cozy and clean and the host was friendly and helpful. She even helped us find and book the B&B for our next night near Kylemore Abbey.

Room Tip: A discount on the room can be found for those paying in cash.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Toby M
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My stay at the Headley Court Bed & Breakfast was very nice. I came in a day before I was meeting my group and I needed a place to stay near the Shannon Airport. It was not as close to the Airport as I thought but the cab ride was short and cost me 8E each way so that was fine. As it turned out I was glad I came to the Bunratty area because I had such a fun afternoon there. Kathleen Browne is a very nice and helpful lady. I was able to check into my room on arrival which was around 11:30 or noon and she fixed me a cup of tea with a treat. There was a tea service with a nice muffin in my room so it turns out I could have fixed it myself. I was given a key to the front door when I arrived. She dropped me off in the town of Bunratty where I toured the Castle, browsed at the shops and had my first Irish meal. I then walked back to the B&B which might have been 2 or 3 miles. The walk was very pretty. I guess I could have taken a cab but I enjoyed the walk along the country lane. Kathleen had already told me to walk on the right hand side of the road facing traffic, but there was little traffic. Breakfast was the full Irish breakfast and was very good. The bed was comfortable and there was an extra quilt handy for extra warmth. My room was clean and the bathroom nice and bright. I would go back and stay longer. It was a very pleasant atmosphere. I booked through an online booking agent and paid 70E for my room but Kathleen told me I could have saved money if I had booked through her. So be sure to email her directly to get the best rate.

Room Tip: I don't know about any rooms except the downstairs room I stayed in. It was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family