“The owners were wonderful, helpful & welcoming.”
Review of Ashgrove House

Ashgrove House
Ranked #13 of 23 Bunratty B&B and Inns
Ossipee
“The owners were wonderful, helpful & welcoming.”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Sheila & Frank Tiernan really know how to make a visitor welcome-Irish coffee upon check-in, no matter the hour. They were very helpful with directions, driving tips & attraction info. The dining room is the gathering place to meet with them & other travelers--good times, excellent breakfast. I would advise everyone to go by way of Shannon Airport & stay here (it's only 15 minutes away) & a good place to take your arrival nap! Seems to be an excellent place to use as a base for day trips, too.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
raleigh nc
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Had reservations at park house, but they couldn't accomodate us properly in the two separate rooms we reserved. They could have split us up into two separate B&Bs, but our son was going to the airport the next day and we wanted to be in the same bldg as he. He wanted to be with us, too. The neighbor luckily couldn't accomodate us and we were referred 3 doors down to Ashgrove house...How wonderful. Frank was very accomodating, Sheila even more so if possible. They love people and will do anything for you. The best was that Frank's grandmother was related to his mother's family in Carrick through the Guckians. It was fun finding a family connection...it seemed meant to be

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank baridgway
London
Reviewed 1 June 2010

This is the 1st time I've ever felt compelled to write a review.....so why am I doing it?

We arrived by bus in Bunratty from Shannon airport having not hired a car. We phoned Sheila & Frank to get directions to Ashgrove House but instead they said hold tight, we'll come and pick you up!

Frank came and got us in the car and we we arrived we saw Sheila elbow high in dough (making scones for breakfast the following day!). On arrival we were offered Irish coffee....great introduction!

The room was lovely, spacious and cosy! We had 2 of the most relaxing and undisturbed sleeps in that bed....and a few naps in between!!

Sheila sorted out our booking for a restaurant and even dropped us down there that evening!

Breakfast was lovely! Cereal, juice, tea, coffee, cooked breakfast, warm homemade scones (amazing) and homemade bread! A few lbs were piled on I can tell you!

Nothing was too much trouble for Sheila or Frank. Whether it was more towels, the heating turned up in the room to the offer of lifts & Irish coffees. I've read it before, but it was like going to stay with family.

If you're getting away from it for the weekend or travelling through Bunratty be sure to stay at Ashgrove House...you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DavidScott123
O'Fallon, IL
Reviewed 5 October 2009

When we arrived, our hosts were having a dinner party for friends. We were invited to join them before leaving for the evening. We will never forget the friendliness of these families who were eager to help me with our search for my family history. If I ever get the opportunity to return to Ireland, I will plan on staying at Ashgrove House!

Our large room had a beautiful view across the Irish countryside. The linens were very pretty and totally comfortable. We had a private bathroom adjoining our room.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
NORTH WALES
Reviewed 11 September 2009

We arrived at the oversized bungalow which is Ashgrove House late and tired on a wet evening .We were greeted by Frank who showed us to our rooms which are not the clinical ' everything matches ' that most places are, but soft and welcoming as such is in a home. Just as we were going to settle for the night Frank swept from the kitchen with mugs of Baileys coffee and as I do not do coffee, a hot toddy for me.
The next morning greeted us with Shelia's soft Irish voice singing from the kitchen , such is the relaxed atmosphere that they create with their guests(more like extended family)
Breakfasts were warm home made scones , freshly made bread, full cooked Irish fare
with lashings of freshly made pots of tea and perked coffee. Shelia attends to her guests as a mother would her brood , anxious that we all had enough of everything.
Shelia booked ahead for our visit to Bunratty Castle and she and Frank recommended
other venue's for us to try. They are so open and caring we felt we were going home each evening , this lovely couple really made a difference to our stay in Bunratty.
We will stay with them again when next we are in Bunratty, and would highly recommend this B&B to all.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Frank and Sheila are a delight and really go out of their way for their guests!!!!! Comfortable rooms and beautiful grounds.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 12 June 2009

Frank and Sheila are 2 wonderful hosts and people. I spent a couple of nights in their B&B and I had the warmest welcome I could expect which made me feel more like family than a paying guest. They helped me planning my itinerary for my short vacation and I had a wonderful time!
The B&B is clean and confy. I would reccomend it to anyone! And I do believe that Sheila makes the best scones of all Ireland!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bunratty
Bunratty Castle Hotel
#11 of 23 in Bunratty
Bunratty Castle Mews
Bunratty Castle Mews
#5 of 23 in Bunratty

Been to Ashgrove House? Share your experiences!