“Hidden Gem above the Shannon”

Bunratty Meadows Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 23 Bunratty B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is my 2nd time visiting this engaging young family and I will be back again. The B&B is hidden on a pastoral setting with a beautiful view of the River Shannon. Convenient to Bunratty Castle and Folk Park and Shannon airport, this has been a perfect end point to my 2 wonderful trips to Ireland. Be sure to call ahead to Dariena before arriving and choose the salmon over the full Irish. Very convenient, comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: Room in the front yields view of the River Shannon.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We not only enjoyed our stay but the memory of our experience getting to know Dariena, Barry, and Callum will remain one of the favourite memories of our 9-day trip around Ireland. Very clean place, immaculately kept. Comfortable room. Surrounded by farmland, peaceful and quiet. Yet walking distance from Bunratty where you will find pubs, restaurants, and the Bunratty Castle. Dariena serves a wonderful breakfast. I can still see Barry rushing Callum into the car for school, already late because we kept him talking, yet still pausing to take pictures of us beside our motorcycle. More kind people you will never meet.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. From the front you can see the Shannon River in the distance.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had a lovely one night stay at Bunratty Meadows. Dariena was a great host who was very friendly and helpful in any way she could be. I arrived earlier than expected and was able to get right into my room no problem. Dariena had booked the medieval castle banquet for me and had the reservation waiting when I arrived. It was a short 5 min taxi ride to the Bunratty Folk Park and the banquet was very fun. This truly is a lovely location so close to town yet you feel like you are out in a rural area. I was very pleased to see how environmentally friendly they are too, quite impressive. The room was very nice and the beds were great! Breakfast was also very good. I definitely would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank carli222
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were fortunate to be able to stay at the Bunratty Meadows Bed and Breakfast in April 2014. Dariena, Barry and their son Callum were so friendly and fun. We had flown in from the USA, and their bed and breakfast is literally next door to the airport, but without the noise and traffic. The location is perfect for visiting Bunratty park (5 minutes) and the banquet and only an hour from the Cliffs of Mohr. Their bed was a large king, comfortable and we really loved the towels and washcloths! The breakfast room was warm and inviting and the cooked to order breakfast was excellent! What I loved most was the location as it was rural and you felt as if you were in the country, allowing you to have this wonderful, restful sleep. I highly recommend staying here if you are going to this area of Ireland!

1  Thank Mwalker45
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed with Dariena, Barry and their charming son Callum and loved it. They were a very warm and welcoming family and Dariena's breakfasts were delicious. The room was immaculate and the scenery was gorgeous at this quiet rural location. Dariena booked the Bunratty Castle Banquet for us and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I suggest going to Bunratty village, then following the well appointed signs to the B and B, an easy way to get there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and I went on holiday in celebration of our 3 year anniversary for a tour of Ireland. One of our stops was the Bunratty Meadows Bed and Breakfast. Our hostess Dariena Sutton was quite pleasant and welcoming. The room was the largest of all the B&Bs we stayed in and the bed was very comfortable. There is even a nice guest area with offerings of tea and coffee. The hotel is conveniently located near the Bunratty castle (only about a couple of minutes to drive). The property is beautiful, and the breakfast was fantastic. I would highly recommend choosing the Bunratty Meadows when staying in Bunratty!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is an excellent B&B ran by a warm and welcoming owner. My husband and I stayed here this past week for one night. Even from first entering the front door, we could tell we were in for a treat. Everything was super clean, beautifully decorated, and breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bunratty
The Inn at Dromoland
Bunratty Manor Hotel
Bunratty Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bunratty
Bunratty Haven Bed and Breakfast

Been to Bunratty Meadows Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!