“Home from Home...”

ParkHouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 23 Bunratty B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2010

This is the first time we have even left a review!! But it seemed the least we could do in appreciation of the way we were looked after.
On arriving shortly after landing in Shannon it was such a relief to be welcomed in and pampered by our hosts. The grounds and surroundings were idilic and only prepared us for the bright, clean and homely comforts that we had hoped for. It was the perfect start for our break, with plenty to do for the kids, Bunratty Castle, Shannon Airport and Limerick City and the awesome Cliffs of Moher on our doorstep we regretted not basing our trip from here as its so central and gorgeous!
And what better way to start exploring than with a Full Irish cooked by a real chef! It was like he was coming to us rather than vice versa.
Concious of length we'll leave you with a 10 from 10
Thanks again to the O'Briens for everything...
See ye soon
The Burkes

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Greine28

Reviewed 4 July 2010

I hoped for a good stay at ParkHouse while attending a wedding, and after staying with the O'Briens, I have to echo all the positive reviews. I had a great time here. Shane and Sinead are warm, hospitable and super helpful. My room was perfectly appointed and I appreciated the little touches- coffee, tea and even bottled water, which I didn't see at other B&Bs. Having free access to a computer with internet and a printer was a major bonus and the location was quiet and serene but still close to the airport. There were a lot of options for breakfast, all of high quality and perfectly prepared by chef Shane. Really glad I stayed here and hope to return!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank WDC_GB6
Reviewed 30 June 2010

My new husband and I stayed with Shane and Sinead for five days during our honeymoon in Ireland. From our first contact with them for our booking phone call we knew we were in for a treat. Graciousness and courtesy emanate from this family. The moment we arrived we were greeted with smiling faces and offers to help with anything that we needed. We were given booklets with local tours and sights available. Shane offered to drop us off personally to bus stops and was willing to book anything we were interested in whether it was a cab to the airport or a tour. They were happy to recommend local pubs with the best food (P.J. Clarke's is quite delightful) and the best tours. Their B&B is located on a beautiful road that leads an enjoyable 15 minute walk to Bunratty Castle and Folk Park. About halfway between the B&B and Castle is the Bunratty Winery where one can sample the tasty Mead and Potcheen. The room was immaculate as well as the bathroom which were given fresh clean bath linens daily. Every day that we woke from sleeping we were revitalized and refreshed, ready for anything the day entailed. Each morning we had a fresh cooked breakfast by Shane who also works as a chef for one of the local hotels. We chose to have the traditional Irish breakfast every morning, which was phenomenal and filling. Often times, the breakfast would last us until dinner or completely through the day. We had the option of having a traditional continental breakfast, along with other freshly made hot breakfasts. The biggest treat was the brown bread which was made fresh by Shane and was served along with white toast. Delicious coffee and tea were at our disposal. Shane and Sinead certainly made us feel right at home. Sinead's daughter Emma was very willing to help when she was home on a school break, their delightful baby Cathal always smiling, and their adorable shi tzus well mannered but always grateful for a pet. We couldn't have asked for a better family to stay with on our trip away from home. Shane and Sinead were perfect hosts but by the time we left, it felt much more like we were leaving friends. We certainly plan on visiting Ireland again and staying with this delightful family. We couldn't have had a better experience. We both highly recommend this B&B and would surely list them as a necessary stop.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank embrown88
Reviewed 9 June 2010

If you need a place to stay near Shannon Airport, you can't go wrong with ParkHouse. We liked everything about ParkHouse and Shane and Sinead were perfect hosts. In addition - it's right down the street from Bunratty Castle and Durty Nelly's and also accessible to some great shopping. We had to leave very early for the airport and Shane made a point of putting out some food and coffee for us. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2010

We where very happy with the Park House B&B. It is only 1/2 mile from the Castle and Durty Nellies pub. Not to be missed.
Your host, Sinead & Shane were the best. Great info on things to see. I would stay again.
The French Toast was the best.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelcouple000
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I had the pleasure of staying in this guest house recently as myself and my husband were attending a wedding in Bunratty . We were greeted enthusiastically before we even knocked at the door by both Shane and Sinead . We advised them that we were running really late for the wedding and after which sinead insisted that she would drop us over . The room was huge and very fresh and clean . We did not want for anything and certainly not at breakfast , which was a cure in itself . A spread for champion s cooked by shane .. a qualified chef .!!! I only wish we could have stayed longer !!!!!
First class in my opinion and ask my husband and he will tell you im very hard to please !!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bingleybrogan
Reviewed 25 May 2010

From my first call to Sinead and Shane O'Brien to inquire about room availability to my last day I was so very impressed with their gracious hospitality! Never having been to Ireland they were a wealth of information on things to see and do. Prior to my arrival they had even given me directions on what bus to take, what stop to get off and they even picked me up at the bus stop and drove me to the B&B. The room was wonderful with a lovely view! The bed was very comfortable and I had no problem falling asleep and waking up feeling refreshed. Breakfast was lovely with alot of choices from continental (fruit, juices, cereals, breads, toast, teas and coffee) to hot meals perpared by Shane (eggs, bacon, sausages, etc.). They recommended wonderful sites to see in the area from castles, churches and museums to excellent restaurants to dine at. The location is only a 15-minute walk from Bunratty Castle down a beautiful country road. Sinead and Shane made my Ireland adventure truely memorable! I would highly recommend staying at the ParkHouse B&B and fully intend to visit and stay with them again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank DeutschKaninchen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bunratty
Bunratty Castle Hotel
#4 of 23 in Bunratty
The Courtyard
The Courtyard
#1 of 23 in Bunratty

Been to ParkHouse Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!