“Exellent place”
Review of The Courtyard

The Courtyard
Ranked #2 of 23 Bunratty B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I spent 1 night there with my family, we were 9 in total. The rooms were very spacious, clean and comfortable. The owner are very friendly and helpful answering questions about what to do around the area. If you have never visited Ireland before you definitely want to come back.
The breakfast offered a varied range of fruits, yoghurts and cereals. You also can choose between different options for the warm breakfast. This is very good as if you are on a trip through Ireland and stay in different b&b's during this time you have not the same every day.
If I could give 10 stars I would do it without any hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Courtyard

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I and our 2 year old son stayed here for one night as we had a communion on in bunratty. We were extremely pleased with our stay. The staff were very friendly. The rooms were very spacious and very very clean. The breakfast was very good with plenty tea and toast brought to out table by a very friendly male staff. The b&b was beautiful and I would be more then happy to stay again. I would rate it more then 5* if possible.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I and 2 friends have spent 3 days and nights here, and have had the loveliest time. The Courtyard B&B is just grand. Mary and Michael are wonderful, experienced, attentive hosts. The rooms are cute, scrupulously clean, and comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious, and the price is quite reasonable. 10 minutes from Shannon, Bunratty offers entertainment (wonderful) at the castle, restaurants, and shops. Easy bus transportation allows Bunratty to be a base for travel to Limerick, Ennis, and more. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Comfortable room, genial hosts, good breakfast, well-decorated. On top of that it's within staggering distance (believe me) of the castle and nearby bars. And the price is right. Recommended without qualification.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Though it was just 1 night, this was the BEST place we stayed during our 9 day Irish Holiday.

PROS:
-Clean BIG room and the BIGGEST bathrooms in all of Ireland
-Best decorated interior areas: reception, hallways, lounge, breakfast room
-Friendly staff/owners
-Short walk to Bunratty Castle, restaurants, and shopping area.
-Only 70 euro/night midweek! :)
-Nice hearty breakfast...I think my wife and I were the only ones staying that night, but they brought out the entire spread, the Irish know breakfast!

CONS:
-Not a lot to do in Bunratty except see Bunratty Castle.

I wish the Courtyard was in every city, town, and village I visisted! Maybe they should create a franchise chain? :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. Mary and Michael are wonderfuls hosts and will go out of their way to make guests feel comfortable. Rooms are exceptionally clean and the breakfasts are fantastic. It's within crawling distance of the castle and shops.
Soundproofing is very good, I never hear noise from other rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed at The Courtyard the night before our early morning flight out of Shannon. The Courtyard was very convenient for us because we did not have a car. Because the B&B is located in town, we could walk to wherever we wanted to go: restaurants, the castle, shops. The bus stop is only about a couple of blocks down the street from the B&B, so arriving by bus was not a problem for us. Also restaurants are nearby, and the Bunratty Castle is about a 10-15 minute walk down the street.

Our reasonably priced room was clean, quiet, and comfortable with a country-like decor. It was located on the ground floor. We paid cash for the room and it was slightly cheaper than if we had used a credit card. Although we didn't spend much time in the common areas, they were inviting and attractively decorated. We had our choice of several hot and cold items at breakfast.

Michael and Mary were very friendly and helpful. Before our trip, I emailed Michael several times with questions and he always responded promptly. They also called a taxi, which was driven by a very entertaining man, to take us to the airport in the morning - a great way to end our trip. Before our trip, we had thought about staying at the hotel at the airport and just walking to the terminal in the morning. The morning we left it was pouring rain! Another reason we were glad we stayed at the B&B instead.

If you're looking to stay in the village of Bunratty either before or after a flight -with or without a car, The Courtyard is a nice, comfortable, convenient B&B.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bunratty
Bunratty Castle Hotel
#1 of 23 in Bunratty
Bunratty Castle Mews
Bunratty Castle Mews
#5 of 23 in Bunratty

Been to The Courtyard? Share your experiences!