The Courtyard
US$97
Dromoland Castle Hotel(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
US$1,224
Preferred Hotels
All reviewswithin walking distanceshannon airportb bbunratty castlefive minute walklast nightplace to staybus stopgracious hostssmall hoteltriple roomlocation is excellentrestaurants and pubstea and coffeequiet at nightcreamery pubbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The location is perfect--near Bunratty plus some great places to eat (like Durty Nelly's), plus right near a bus stop. The place is clean. friendly, and breakfasts are amazing. It was a great deal. Mary and Michael went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. When our original flight out of Shannon Airport didn't work out and we had to stay a 4th night, we were happy to be back there. If we are ever staying near the Shannon Airport again, it will be at the Courtyard.

Room Tip: #12 was very quiet and perfect for my husband, daughter, and myself.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night before we flew out of the Shannon airport. Easy to get to by bus. It is only a few minute walk from bus stop to doorstep. We had to leave early to catch our flight and were unable to have breakfast so they gave us a discounted rate.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Absolutely awesome place to stay. My daughter and I arrived at midnight and as all the twin rooms had been taken we were given a family room which was huge.The landlord brought us tea and coffee (with fresh milk). Everywhere was clean and well furnished. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast (full Irish) was good. There is also a lovely lounge. landlord was very helpful on where to visit. The courtyard was easy to find from Shannon airport. As it was dark when we arrived we missed it coming into the village-if you get to the castle and pub you need to turn round and its 200yds up the road on your right( same side as the castle). As we were arriving very late I had phoned in advance to let the landlord know.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Mary and Michael accommodated me and two friends for 3 nights. Their hospitality, kindness and friendliness made out first stay in Ireland something to remember. Always available for help and recommendations, sharing their clean rooms, beautiful great room, and delicious breakfasts every morning, gave us an experience of the beauty of the Irish people first hand.
Their B&B was easily accessible from the Shannon airport, the buses to Limerick and Ennis, and surrounding restaurants and woolen shops.
I found my stay here to be the best of my whole Irish vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I spent 1 night there with my family, we were 9 in total. The rooms were very spacious, clean and comfortable. The owner are very friendly and helpful answering questions about what to do around the area. If you have never visited Ireland before you definitely want to come back.
The breakfast offered a varied range of fruits, yoghurts and cereals. You also can choose between different options for the warm breakfast. This is very good as if you are on a trip through Ireland and stay in different b&b's during this time you have not the same every day.
If I could give 10 stars I would do it without any hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family