Dunaree
Dromoland Castle Hotel(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
US$1,225
Preferred Hotels
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsb bfrench toastbunratty castleshannon airportbreakfast was delicioushouse is beautifulhome away from homeperfect locationsitting roomirish breakfastwithin walking distancestayed for one nightstayed longerbreakfast roomwonderful staymedieval banquetpenny
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We could only stay one night at Dunaree, but we were very pleased with our accomodations. Rooms were clean and comfortable and Penny was a wonderful hostess. Dunaree is in a quiet country setting, but in easy walking distance to Bunratty Castle and Durty Nellie's pub, which we did. I had a delicious traditional Irish breakfast and Penny was happy to prepare a complete vegan breakfast for my daughter. I highly recommend Dunaree B&B and would definitely stay there on a return trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Excellent b&b! We spent 4 nights with Penny and highly recommend. The breakfast is great, the room is very quiet. Bunratty Castle is quite interesting. Lots of interesting sights within easy driving distance, Cliffs of Moher, the Burren, Adare, and a number of interesting nearby castles and monasteries, some off the beaten path.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This was a really nice place to stay, a little hard to find at first and the only complaint I have is that the shower makes a loud noise and is a little on the small side which is something I found throughout a lot of B&B's in Ireland. But the room was very nice, Penny was very friendly and the breakfast was superb. Wish I would have had more time to enjoy the grounds as there is a very pretty garden area but was very rushed to catch my outgoing flight. This is an excellent place to stay on either your first or last night in the Shannon area if you are flying out or into Shannon Airport. Would be a great place to stay the entire trip if you are making the Shannon area your home base. Very nice B&B and the service was excellent! Again, Penny was very nice and this was a beautiful place to stay! I would stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Mr and Mrs. O'Conner have a wonderful B&B situated just a few minutes walk from Bunratty Castle! This B&B has a very homely feeling and my grandfather and I really enjoyed our stay here! I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone traveling to Bunratty and to also visit the castle and take in the Medieval dinner! We had an amazing time!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We were enchanted with this B&B in Bunratty, Ireland. The grounds and house were beautiful. Our room was comfortable and the food excellent. Penny and her husband were so welcoming and gave us some wonderful tourist advice. We hated to leave and will definately stay here again. We highly recommend anyone traveling in this area to pick Dunaree.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple