“Everything you'd expect and more”
Review of Bunratty Arms B&B

Bunratty Arms B&B
Bunratty Arms B&B
Ranked #14 of 23 Bunratty B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
“Everything you'd expect and more”
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Bunratty Arms was everything that you would expect out of a bed and breakfast in Ireland, and more. The rooms were great, the Irish breakfast in the morning was wonderful (AND PLENTY) and the hospitality from Teresa and Jim (the owners) were beyond expression. It is a perfect location between Bunratty Castle and Folk Park (1.5 miles) as well as the Shannon airport (15 minutes) and the small town of Six Mile Bridge (2.5 miles). We experienced all three places and loved them all.

If you want to go to the Cliffs of Moher and The Burren, it isn't far from there as well (a little over an hour drive). Basically anything you want to do in the western part of Ireland, north or south of County Clare, it is all within reach. We did not have a hard time finding Bunratty Arms as Teresa gave me good directions prior to our arrival.

Most importantly, I cannot express how much we enjoyed Teresa and Jim. They were truly two of the most kind hearted people that I have personally ever met. There was a total of five of us that stayed there and Teresa drove us around a couple of times to certain places. I would recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anyone as you can't go wrong with it. Thanks Teresa and Jim!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Berthoud, COLORADO
Reviewed 1 June 2009

My husband, sister, brother-in-law in a wheelchair, and I stayed at the Bunratty Arms B & B on May 5th of 2009. This B & B is located close to Shannon Airport which means a lot when you have had a long flight and are trying to adjust to driving on the opposite side of the road. Bunratty is the perfect first stop to get your bearings, see the folk park, and enjoy a meal with entertainment at the Bunratty Castle. This B & B is very close to the folk park and castle.

The room was clean and pretty, beds were comfortable, food was delicious and abundant. Theresa, our hostess, was most acomodating and friendly . . . even treated us to tea and homemade scones one afternoon! What a treat. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Dwarf, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 February 2009

We stayed here in April 2008 (I know, I should have added my review long ago). This was by far the best B&B we stayed at in Ireland. Our room and shower was perfect, and we were warm and comfortable here. The big breakfast was great and we loved the ham sausages. The parking area is HUGE! This is very close and convenient to Bunratty Castle. We enjoyed the Medieval Banquet and were even crowned King and Queen of Bunratty Castle for the night, Lol. I would love to come back to Ireland and would definitely return to this B&B again.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed 17 August 2008

By far the best B&B we stayed in, in Ireland. It was clean, spacious and comfortable.

Great rooms and beds and a really good Irish breakfast.

The propriators extended a traditional Irish warmth in their welcome that made you feel really at home.

We would certainley recommend this B&B and hope to return in the future.

• Liked — Clean & up to date
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dayton, OH
Reviewed 23 July 2008

This place reminded me more of a cottage back in the USA then a B&B in Ireland. Everything was modern, clean, and simple. I enjoyed it as our last night in Ireland as there weren't any heartaches with checkout, rooms, baths, etc.. The breakfast was hearty and enjoyed all of it. Good location to Bunratty, Shannon, and Limerick and also to the airport. Was able to drive to tons of spots within short distances.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
South Salem, NY
Reviewed 6 June 2008

I found this B&B while searching through the numerous Ireland B&B sights. I wanted something that was close to Bunratty Castle and the Shannon Airport. The hotel was an ideal location for both. It was a bit challenging to find, not much in the Bunratty/Shannon area. Very large car park space. The hotel itself was very nice. The room was nice. Not very large, just enough room for a twin and double bed. Bathroom was a bit small but again clean and nice. Owner was very nice. Breakfast was good. Can't say anything bad. I probably wouldn't stay here again simply because of the location.

• Liked — Location, Room
  • Disliked — Small
  • Stayed May 2008
Ontario
Reviewed 5 September 2007

I can't describe how amazing Bunratty was. My brother is in customer service, and he explained to me that he would have used the Arms as an example of how everyone should treat people. Their rooms, bathrooms, everything was spotless; it was the best sleep I'd had in the first week of our trip. Breakfast was huge and more than enough. A close walk to Bunratty Castle, folk park. The hosts welcome you into their cosy home with a cup of tea and offer to take you into town/to the airport if you require, which is more than generous. 15 minutes from Shannon airport. I would stay here again, hands down and recommend it to anyone for any occassion.

• Stayed May 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)