“Great B&B, nice hosts, wonderful stay”
Review of Bunratty Arms B&B

Bunratty Arms B&B
Bunratty Arms B&B
Ranked #14 of 23 Bunratty B&B and Inns
Mülheim
“Great B&B, nice hosts, wonderful stay”
Reviewed 11 July 2007

We staid at the Bunratty Arms for our first night in Ireland. It is only a few miles from Shannon Airport, easy to find and also near Bunratty Castle & Folk Park. After spending many hours at the airport due to a delay, the warm welcome - and a pot of tea - at Bunratty Arms put us right back in a holiday mood. The rooms are tastefully furnished and had everything you could wish for (clean, nice bathrooms, hairdryers, etc). It was really one of the nicest B&Bs we staid at during our 2 week holiday - I can really recommend it.

• Stayed June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Evansville, IN
Reviewed 2 July 2007

Based on a recommendation from my parents, we actually had booked a room at Gallowsview for our last night in Ireland (flying out of Shannon Airport in the morning). Mary had been most accomodating in setting up our reservation by email and when I contacted her about a month before our visit to confirm that we had gotten tickets for the feast at Knappogue and enquire whether she knew anyone who might be able to watch our 10 month old while we were at the banquet, she 'took the liberty of booking us a room at Bunratty Arms instead' stating that her friend Teresa had a larger B&B where she thought we'd be more comfortable with the children and that Teresa would be happy to babysit for us as well! I can't thank both ladies enough, we had the most splendid time at the Bunratty Arms and thoroughly enjoyed the banquet with our 5 year old daughter (much more than if we'd have had to entertain the 10 month old throughout the feast too). Teresa supplied us with a travel crib in our room and even had a baby monitor all set up when we arrived as well. She and her husband got on perfectly with the baby, who was fed, changed, PJ'd and sleeping when we returned from the Banquet. Our room was lovely and generous with a double for us and a twin for our daughter. The four of us had plenty of room for the night, and the bath was even stocked with hand soap, shower gel, towels and washcloths. It was nothing less than 4 star treatment, I wish we'd have been able to stay longer. We will certainly be back next time we fly through Shannon. Like the previous poster, we also missed the full Irish Breakfast (served at 8am) since we had an early flight back in the morning. The continental breakfast was generous however, including toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt etc. She even had a high chair for the baby. I can't thank Mary at Gallowsview enough for putting our comfort above her custom. I would recommend Bunratty Arms in a heartbeat based on my stay, but I'd recommend Gallowsview as a second based on Mary's hospitality. I doubt you could go wrong at either B&B.

• Liked — Generous room size & amenities at an exceptional price
  • Disliked — Views were unremarkable
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
Kansas City
Reviewed 9 November 2006

We only stayed at the Bunratty Arms for one night, but it was by far the best B&B we stayed at in Ireland. It was clean, spacious, comfortable and cozy. Washclothes were even supplied! Ironically it was the least expensive, probably because there is so much competition as the road leading up to the B&B was loaded with other accomodations. What's more, I accidently left a sweater and scarf behind and Teresa mailed it to me trusting that I would reimburse her for the expense. The only weakness is that we were leaving early in the morning to catch a flight out of the Shannon airport (a 15 minute drive from the B&B) so we missed the hot breakfast and just had cereal, toast, etc. Overall, I wish we had spent more time here and I whole-heartedly recommend it.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — We missed the breakfast
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank UK-KC