“Great ambiance, attentive staff, delicious food”
Review of Iragh Ti Connor

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Iragh Ti Connor
Ranked #12 of 19 Restaurants in Ballybunion
Dublin
“Great ambiance, attentive staff, delicious food”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We had a fabulous meal here during a weekend trip to Kerry. The menu was well-priced and offered plenty of choice. All looked excellent. I chose lobster - straight from the tank - accompanied by a side of chips and tasty salad. My wife ordered crab and prawn linguini. The sauce was delicious and authentic enough to remind us of our favorite Florence taverna. We chose a light Pinot Noir from the varied wine list which went down very nicely with both dishes and was reasonably priced .
Overall, I would recommend a meal at Iragh ti Connor. We were well looked after and the surroundings add to the experience. We will definitely be back.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank DublinGoodtip

Cork, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Excellent food,what a place! Thank you Chef”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Wow, We were passing for one night in Ballybunion on the way back to Cork after our week away and were so happy to find Kilcooly's.
We sat at what can only be described as the Chefs table, as there is an open kitchen in the restaurant and my wife was actually encouraged by the chef to come up and see the cooking.As two food enthusiasts we jumped at the chance to see the food being prepared and cooked, I witnessed a large flame as my fish was pan fried and we both had an aroma of white wine and I think garlic waft across us.

When we sat down for our meal I had an experience that will not be topped for a while, I love fish and ordered the Sea bass it was cooked amazingly and to Perfection the skin just peeled off, but it was all the flavours that came with it that that really made it, there was so much going on in the dish, so many flavours that all worked together - Pak choy, Chilli, Terryaki, at first sight the presentation was amazing I still have no idea how he put it together by himself whilst cooking for other tables as well, surely there was someone there just to put the small corriander picked leaves in the dish.

My wife had the chicken ( and never heard of buttermilk milk crust before) and it was fabulous we shared our food like new lovers after 17years years both tasting and sharing each dish.

We both shook the Chefs hand with utmost thanks, why are there not more places like this! next year we will be back, I am home now and still thinking of Kilcooly's.

Rob and Marie
Cork

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Robert B
ireland
“not to be repeated”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Visited Iragh Ti Connor gastro pub with a group of 5 about 8pm on a Friday August not too busy it was a terrible experience not to be repeated,food was tastleless vegetables sparce and not cooked carrots not peeled properly service non existant .The meal was served after alenghty wait we were not asked if we wanted to order wine ,did not get a jug of water in fact no waiter came near us again either to clear away the dishes (which were still on the table as we were leaving ) or to take a desert or coffee order
We called a waiter to order deserts who advised us what was available but she never returned so we decided we had enough and had to approach the bar to request the bill ,
All in all a our evening out ruined

• Visited August 2012
7 Thank ellie060
s.ireland.
“Chef must have been off duty - I hope!”
Reviewed 21 April 2011

This restaurant was recommended to us recently, - we spend a lot of time in Ballybunion and I will never forget it! - sadly for bad reasons. Ordered a medium -cooked steak for my husband, my sons ordered salmon and I ordered what was a recommended dish - surf n turf style dish. NOT ONE dish was what was ordered, steak raw! and eacjh of ours was not tepid but actually cold, and the sauces on menu were not available. Owners too busy to call, went to Hourigans but snobbery told us call back!!
Go to the chipper!!

• Visited April 2011
14 Thank wanderingirl
Galwa, Ireland
“Íragh Tí Connor”
Reviewed 22 June 2008

We recently ate at Íragh Tí Connor, a restaurant in the seaside village of Ballybunion renowned for its beautiful beaches and world class golf course. The restaurant is situated in an old house on the edge of the village, adjoined to Kilcooley's pub. The dining room is spacious and decorated in a classically elegant style; we ate in the evening and it was softly lit by wall-mounted lights and candles. Our meal was accompanied by a pianist on a baby grand piano, adding to the relaxed atmosphere. The staff were friendly and helpful and the menu varied and interesting. However, all this would have been irrelevant had it not been for the meal itself, which was exceptional. The ingredients were sourced locally and everything was cooked to perfection. I would have no reservations in whole-heartedly recommending this restaurant to anyone who appreciates good food in wonderful, welcoming surroundings.

5 Thank shellniriain