“Good B&B - Excellent Irish hoast”
Review of Seashore B&B

Seashore B&B
Ranked #6 of 21 Ballybunion B&B and Inns
Cork
“Good B&B - Excellent Irish hoast”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here for 1 night on 18th May 2013. A single room before 1st June was €45 including Breakfast.

It is a relatively new property, room was No 1 and was a large double room facing in land. So no sea view, which is lovely if looking from the front of the building. Bed was comfortable, room was clean and fresh, the only reason i dont mark it excellent is that there were no towel's apart from a handtowel, which to be honest didn't bother me too much but none the less it would be annoying if you stepped out of shower to find no towel.

Anyway the hoast is a very interesting Irish man and i would say he reminds me of my father, i feel previous reviews may have picked this guy up wrong. I can see how they would but he is a typical irish country guy.

Breakfast was lovely, any and all requests were dealt with efficiently.

The place is located a 15-20 minute walk from the main strand in Ballybunion.

Would i stay again yes

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My brother and I stayed one night before we golfed at Ballybunion - a 5 minute drive away. Michael, our host, was very friendly and casual. The room was ensuite, large enough to spread out our luggage comfortably and very clean. The beds were large enough and there were a couple of chairs for sitting and watching television. The shower was clean and had plenty of water pressure. I think he was starting to close down for the season as he didn't have all of the breakfast items in stock but said he would go in town and get us anything we wanted. He checked us into our room, took our breakfast order and as we were unpacking upstairs, we looked out the window and off he went into town for the shopping - great host! Not located right in town but very close, and had a wonderful view of the ocean.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My dad and I spent one night here on a road trip about the country. He was going to play golf the next morning and I was planning on sleeping in for once. We were greeted by Anne, a very pleasant and obliging hostess. She provided dinner recommendations and was very friendly. The rooms were very nice - we had two adjoining with a shared bathroom. It was wonderful to sleep with the window open and listen to the sea breeze.
This was all fine and dandy until the next morning. My dad got up early to go to the famous local golf course. He was told by Michael, the other host, that he would do terribly. When I woke up, I meandered downstairs for breakfast and had a delightful conversation with a couple who were passing through as well. Michael approached me and began pressing me to hurry up and finish breakfast so that I could pack up the room. My understanding from Anne was that checkout was at 11:00. He wanted us out by 9:30! I frantically ran upstairs and threw all of our stuff into suitcases, then dragged them back downstairs. I was shocked at how rude this man was! He said that he spoke with my dad, who told him that I would be paying him for the stay. My dad never said anything to me about this. I had absolutely no cash on hand, and they did not accept Visa. He kept saying that he had to leave, and that he needed to be paid. I could not figure out what he did not understand about the words "I have no cash!". I kept trying to get in touch with my dad via mobile, but Michael said "He is on the golf course, you will never reach him". Truly awkward!
At length, Michael left. He instructed me to leave the money on a table for him. My dad returned shortly thereafter. He was almost positive that he had paid for the stay when he booked online, but left the cash anyway, on the offhand chance that he hadn't. He was very disappointed to hear about the events that transpired whilst he was away.
It's a shame, really, that such a disagreeable gentleman ruined the overall experience for us. Anne was lovely, the house was beautiful, the food was excellent. Michael needs a lesson in manners!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank MissMaryEllen
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Me and my mum stayed here for a short break out of season. The B & B is easy to find off the main road becasuse it is well sign posted.
When we arrived we had a warm welcome and were shown to our room which was really lovely. The room was nice, clean and tidy. The facilities in the room were good. The bed and towels were changed everyday so it somewhat felt like a hotel.
We had breakfast included, there were lots of choices and the quality was excellent. The little extras at the B & B were nice like the lounge area were you could have a cup of tea and read through the assortment of tourist guides.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel up directly
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Tulsa
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Of the four B&Bs I stayed at in Ireland this week, this was my least favorite. Despite being on the ocean and having a beautiful breakfast room, this B&B lacked charm. It felt outdated, there wasn't a picture on the wall or a hint of decoration in the room giving the room a cozy feel. There were no ammenities outside of two towels and a hair dryer that I had come to love at each of my other stays. But I should say also that in all of our travels through Ireland, Ballybunion was unique and the B&B was appropriate for this area so keep that in mind as well.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank FunFilledFamily
Ajain, France
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Nice new b&B, quite rooms , close to Golf Course, friendly host. secure off street parking.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Mint Hill, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 19 August 2010

WOW ! When you plan your vacation to Ireland, arrange to spend several of your precious vacation days HERE rather than in an overly crowded Killarney or Tralee. The hosts of this beautifully decorated, brand new, spacious home (with terrific power-showers) will direct you to Ballybunion's scenic treasures and nearby dining establishments. The B&B is located on the shores of the Atlantic, with breathtaking views of cliffs nearly as spectacular as the Cliffs of Moher. From the moment you turn up the driveway of the Seashore B&B, you will not be able to wipe the smile off of your face for the duration of your stay! Ballybunion is a well-kept secret off the typical tourist's map.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family