Seashore B&B
  • Restaurant
The Bayview(Kilkee)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewschocolate biscuitsatlantic oceanspent one night herebeautiful roombreakfast was excellentannehostsirelandaccommodations
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We spent 2 nights there - view of the sea, lovely 2 bedroom suite, very comfortable. Heavenly shower---funny that most of the entries in the B&B's guestbook mention that shower!! Two GREAT nights sleep after busy, tiring days of touring the region. Breakfasts were terrific- served in the sunroom - everything you could want! Very near to a GREAT restaurant- Bernies at the Cliffside Hotel....what great food! AND the Ballybunion beaches, and the Cliffs of Bromore are just breathtaking! Host Michael made us welcome, and we heartily recommend the place!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here for 1 night on 18th May 2013. A single room before 1st June was €45 including Breakfast.

It is a relatively new property, room was No 1 and was a large double room facing in land. So no sea view, which is lovely if looking from the front of the building. Bed was comfortable, room was clean and fresh, the only reason i dont mark it excellent is that there were no towel's apart from a handtowel, which to be honest didn't bother me too much but none the less it would be annoying if you stepped out of shower to find no towel.

Anyway the hoast is a very interesting Irish man and i would say he reminds me of my father, i feel previous reviews may have picked this guy up wrong. I can see how they would but he is a typical irish country guy.

Breakfast was lovely, any and all requests were dealt with efficiently.

The place is located a 15-20 minute walk from the main strand in Ballybunion.

Would i stay again yes

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My brother and I stayed one night before we golfed at Ballybunion - a 5 minute drive away. Michael, our host, was very friendly and casual. The room was ensuite, large enough to spread out our luggage comfortably and very clean. The beds were large enough and there were a couple of chairs for sitting and watching television. The shower was clean and had plenty of water pressure. I think he was starting to close down for the season as he didn't have all of the breakfast items in stock but said he would go in town and get us anything we wanted. He checked us into our room, took our breakfast order and as we were unpacking upstairs, we looked out the window and off he went into town for the shopping - great host! Not located right in town but very close, and had a wonderful view of the ocean.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My dad and I spent one night here on a road trip about the country. He was going to play golf the next morning and I was planning on sleeping in for once. We were greeted by Anne, a very pleasant and obliging hostess. She provided dinner recommendations and was very friendly. The rooms were very nice - we had two adjoining with a shared bathroom. It was wonderful to sleep with the window open and listen to the sea breeze.
This was all fine and dandy until the next morning. My dad got up early to go to the famous local golf course. He was told by Michael, the other host, that he would do terribly. When I woke up, I meandered downstairs for breakfast and had a delightful conversation with a couple who were passing through as well. Michael approached me and began pressing me to hurry up and finish breakfast so that I could pack up the room. My understanding from Anne was that checkout was at 11:00. He wanted us out by 9:30! I frantically ran upstairs and threw all of our stuff into suitcases, then dragged them back downstairs. I was shocked at how rude this man was! He said that he spoke with my dad, who told him that I would be paying him for the stay. My dad never said anything to me about this. I had absolutely no cash on hand, and they did not accept Visa. He kept saying that he had to leave, and that he needed to be paid. I could not figure out what he did not understand about the words "I have no cash!". I kept trying to get in touch with my dad via mobile, but Michael said "He is on the golf course, you will never reach him". Truly awkward!
At length, Michael left. He instructed me to leave the money on a table for him. My dad returned shortly thereafter. He was almost positive that he had paid for the stay when he booked online, but left the cash anyway, on the offhand chance that he hadn't. He was very disappointed to hear about the events that transpired whilst he was away.
It's a shame, really, that such a disagreeable gentleman ruined the overall experience for us. Anne was lovely, the house was beautiful, the food was excellent. Michael needs a lesson in manners!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank MissMaryEllen
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Me and my mum stayed here for a short break out of season. The B & B is easy to find off the main road becasuse it is well sign posted.
When we arrived we had a warm welcome and were shown to our room which was really lovely. The room was nice, clean and tidy. The facilities in the room were good. The bed and towels were changed everyday so it somewhat felt like a hotel.
We had breakfast included, there were lots of choices and the quality was excellent. The little extras at the B & B were nice like the lounge area were you could have a cup of tea and read through the assortment of tourist guides.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel up directly
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family