“No personal touch!!!! ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballybunion
The Promenade Hotel
Ranked #15 of 21 Ballybunion B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this "hotel" as part of a Groupon offer which included a glass of wine on arrival and meal credit. There was no mention of the wine on arrival which we weren't bothered about this because we had a 9year old with us but the meal credit which have been handy as there was 3 of us. We arrived at about 2 but couldn't check in until 3 so walked around in the rain, ended up getting shelter in Supervalu as not many places were open. Got back to hotel wasn't told much information regarding breakfast and dinner times etc no mention of the meal credit. The room was small no tea or coffee making facilities but it was clean. Spent most of the evening listening to children next door screaming and fighting, the walls must be paper thin. The breakfast the next morning was very basic and I wouldn't part with €7 as the staff were rude. As we checked out the lady at desk( we presumed she owned it or was the manager as she was speaking about rosters with a member of staff) had her back turned to us and said can I help you and obviously I was checking out and all she ask for was payment or a voucher, there was no how was your stay. I found this very rude, there was no personal touch in this place. The location was good and the room was clean but that was all the positives I have !!!!!!

Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Shiv21113

Reviewed 16 August 2014

After travelling for over four hours we arrived at this "hotel!?" only to discover that our room had not been fully cleaned! The first thing we noticed when we walked into the room was a piece of timber left sitting on the table. The bed looked like it was made for us to sleep in but to our surprise we found hairs on the duvet cover! The carpet hadn't been hoovered either.. we taught that was bad until we spotted a condom wrapper on the floor between the bed and locker.
We were absolutely disgusted by this as we had our four year old with us. I called the woman in reception up to the room to show her. Her excuse was that housekeeping obviously had not made it that far yet (even though this was 5pm in the evening!)
This really upset the start of our holiday as we were looking forward to a break. I told the woman we would not be staying in the hotel and we were looking for accommodation in Killarney. Something else that made me angry was the lack of service, while we sat in reception trying to organise elsewhere to stay we weren't even offered a drink!! Eveyone else that had kids were brought a colouring book and crayons, but we were being ignored!!
This experience has taught me that paying extra for luxury accommodation is worth it, especially if you have kids!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank samcat87
Reviewed 15 August 2014

As an Irish person I don't normally review Irish hotels I've stayed in, but, given a very negative previous review and in my opinion an unfair one I felt I had to review the promenade hotel.
We arrived early and were informed in a professional and friendly manner that the room wasn't ready but we could leave our luggage in the room which we did. I also stayed in the family room and what a gem it was. Three single beds with plenty space to walk between them. As part of the family room there is a separate double ensuite bedroom complete with a television and wardrobe. Not only that this bedroom has its own door to the corridor along with a door to the larger bedroom.
Although the view is non-existent the room itself made up for that; really quiet room and hotel is in a nicer part of the resort.
The hotel has a car park not two minutes walk to the hotel, and, the funfair finished august 10th so that will no longer be an issue with regard to the sea view.
The staff I dealt with were competent and although I didn't eat breakfast there some of my party did and as far as continental breakfasts go it was fine.

I would have given the hotel 5 stars if it had tea making facilities and hotel information but this won't put me off returning.
I have recommended it to family and friends also.

Room Tip: Room 15/16 family room is superb
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ginelli_12
Reviewed 11 August 2014

we recently stayed in this hotel and found it to be very good, the staff were brilliant, they were very friendly and extremely helpful,we found it to be very good value and the food was lovely,it is also a great location, we would definately stay there again and would reccomend it to family and friends

from the dublin gang

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lisa t
Reviewed 10 August 2014

we booked in on Friday for a 2 night stay with our 5 month old daughter we were a little early so we went in and the girl told us our room wasn't rready yet but she would get our room tended to straight away she was very friendly and really welcoming we went away for an hour and when we returned the room was ready which was great.The rooms are basic but were perfect for us travel cot was provided for our daughter.We stayed in room 11 the view was lovely although the carnical was outside it didn't bother us as once we closed the windows it wasn't as noisey.We came down for breakfast the next morning and as we had booked on groupon we were notified breakfast was 5 euro extra which I thought was a set back but again we didn't mind too much..we only met two staff really on our stay but they couldn't have been nicer and more helpful they really would entice you to come back.We were very happy with our stay and are planning to go back in the next two weeks.i would recoomend this place as its close to all amenities.

Room Tip: room 11 is lovely and has a fab view its at the front of the hotel but its very quiet around the are...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TraceyK22
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Myself nd my wife were celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary. we loved Ballybunion we bought the groupon voucher as it was a great deal and used it we checked in for one night Sunday 27/7/14.
My wife doubled parked outside the hotel as i went in to see was ter a car park . I was greeted by a lovely lady called Siobhain she said there was a car park across from the hotel. so we parked up and we headed over to the hotel with our bags. Siobhain couldn't help us more and gave us the key to room 10. We had a fantastic view of beech. We went out and came back to hotel a few hours later and we hadn't booked for dinner even though it was advisable on checking in due to the place been so full. The waitress was a lovely lady nd she said she get us a table as soon as one was available. we relaxed in the lounge off the restaurant which I must admit that the open plan was a breath of fresh air. We had a fabulous four course dinner. Breaded mushrooms on a very crispy salad nd a lovely dressing, next course was steak nd I a perfectionist for the way I like mine done I give the chef five stars for perfection. We had a beautiful desert nd wine nd I couldn't fault any of the hotel or the restaurant nd it was so nice I have already booked for my wife and I to go back in august we hAd such a great time. Like to thank Martina Siobhain nd her staff was excellent services. If I could rate them out of 100% I give them for cleanses, decor, friendliness. Professionalism I rate them on every from hotel and restaurant 110%. Thank you for making my wedding anniversary so good looking forward to seeing you all in august.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Annsummr
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited this hotel and were not impressed at all. It felt like there was no management looking after the place and the waiting staff were not terribly prompt with service and even abrupt in response to queries. Guests opened our door while we were sleeping as staff had given them our room keys...?!?!

Stayed: July 2014