“Wonderful food and service”
Review of Marine Restaurant

Marine Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Ballybunion
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Hubby and I had dinner here last night on an overnight stay in Ballybunion. We were attracted by a €50 menu per couple for 2 courses including a bottle of wine but ended up ordering instead from the excellent a la carte menu. The food was simply superb with a very friendly and efficient service. It wasn't cheap at just over €45 each for 3 courses and just one glass of wine each but we were both very happy with the quality of the food.

1  Thank ClaremcDublin

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently visited this restaurant with a large group for an evening meal. I believe the venue has been very recently refurbed / rebuilt, and the bar area, restaurant and views were excellent. I also think the service was very good.

The food however I found quite disappointing and not good value. This was also the general consensus from our group.....nobody was overly impressed....lacking in spice / flavour was heard a number of times. I'm always worried when I see a very expansive menu in a relatively small restaurant, which was certainly the case here....better to focus on delivering quality food really well.

2  Thank Nick J
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The food is amazing , good service slighty overcoooked but thats being fussy overall really good night

1  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Everything we ordered was wonderful, from appetizers, main course and dessert. The staff couldn't do enough for us!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Visited the Marine whilst on holiday in Ballybunion. Found the food and staff to be lovely. It is sometimes difficult to find a good vegetarian option but the staff were more then happy to assist with alternative options. Had a beautiful Goats Cheese salad with a glass of white wine whilst watching the sunset behind the cliffs. Will defiantly be visiting again when I am next in town

1  Thank Lisa-Marie M