“The scones are incredible”
Review of The Mixing Bowl - CLOSED

The Mixing Bowl
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary, Cafe
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This gem of a cafe is a fantastic addition to Ballybunion. The selection of cakes, buns, scones and general sweet things is second to none. Everything is home made, and you can really taste the difference from the mass produced stuff, it really does make a difference. There is nothing like a long walk on the cliffs, followed by a coffee, and a scone with jam and cream! Also, the meringue with fresh cream and strawberries is an absolute must. Aine and her staff are fantastic, I look forward to visiting here every time I'm in Ballybunion.

fawn83, Owner at The Mixing Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review for the Mixing Bowl, we really appreciate your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future! Áine

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We visited the mixing bowl last weekend after the ballybunion half marathon!! It was super to get proper coffee, home made food with no junky additives and the cafe also caters for gluten free diets. Fab food in a lovely atmosphere ! By far the nicest place to have lunch in Bally b!! We will be regular visitors from now on!!! Aine even offered to make a fresh loaf of gluten free bread for one of us which if you are on a gluten free diet you will appreciate very much!!! The cafe is also wheelchair friendly including the loo!! So five stars from us !! Steve, liz and Oisin from moyvane. !!!!!!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The atmosphere is lovely, Aine is very welcoming and the food especially the cakes. buns etc look amazing, hard to choose what to have. I have been for coffee and pastry and loved it, went back for lunch and found the portions tiny and the cost high, not good value for money in my opinion.

1  Thank katandjoe
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This little cafe/bakery is absolutely brilliant. All their produce is homemade daily, and you can really taste the difference from the usual frozen stuff that comes out of a box - this is real, homemade food.

Áine is always really friendly and lovely to all her customers - she even guides me on which cake to choose, seems as I can never make up my mind as they all look/taste so good! I recently got an occasion cake here, and to say it was gorgeous is an understatement - it looked great and tasted even better.

I pop in most weekends when I'm home from college, and the quality of both the food and service just gets better and better every time. I usually stick to coffee and the sweet stuff, but the savoury food and various types of bread all look amazing too.

If you're in Ballybunion, definitely don't miss this place - it's a fantastic addition to the town and I really can't recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The Mixing Bowl is quite simply amazing. The welcome is warm and everything is home made. The soup of the day is always gorgeous and the treats always inviting. Tea is a favourite of mine and they always stock loose leaf tea. The setting is perfect too and parking is never an issue. Top recommendation when visiting Ballybunnion. Enjoy x

fawn83, Owner at The Mixing Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time and energy to review our business we are thrilled you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind regards