“A Golf Lodge in Ireland to add to your list” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The 19th Lodge
Ranked #1 of 21 Ballybunion B&B and Inns
Williamsburg, Virginia
“A Golf Lodge in Ireland to add to your list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2009

September 8, 2009

I just returned from a five day golf trip to Ballybunion. I stayed at Mary Beasley's The 19th Lodge. This was my sixth visit to the region over the last 11 years. The 19th Lodge is across the street from Ballybunion Golf Course and the Cashen Golf Course. Mary and James have a beautiful lodge with wonderful accomodations and easy access to the town and courses. The magic of the place is its' history and wonderful people. Mary and James greet you with a smile and treat you like family. Mary can also help arrange tee times at various courses in the region including Lahinch, Doonbeg, Tralee, Waterville, Kilkee, Spanish Point, Killarney and Dingle to name a few. I am very happy with the quality of the rooms and the wonderful service. May you find yourself in golf heaven and stay within The 19th Lodge. You will not be disappointed with either.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2009

We stayed here for our Ballybunion golf trip. It was perfect. Fantastic location, friendly and helpful hosts, comfortable surroundings. We'll certainly be visiting again.

For the golf travel enthusiast, the showers do indeed rival those at Pine Valley. If you'e going up to Lahinch, check out the Moy House as well.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2009

I would challenge anyone to find a fault with the 19th Lodge. We stayed for 3 nights 26th-28th August.
From the moment we arrived we were made so welcome. Our ferry had been delayed so our arrival was late at night but James was still up, waiting for us with a cup of tea. Nothing was too much trouble and Mary and/or James were always around to answer questions, offer help or ask how the golf had gone.
The rooms are very spacious, spotlessly clean, comfortable and very tastefully furnished. Often in a room there is something missing or not working, at 19th Lodge everything is in tip-top condition and order.
Breakfast is served at any time to fit in with teetimes etc. There is even a room to dry your clubs. The Ballybunnion courses are literally just across the road.
Even if you are not a golfer you would be very happy here. We will definitely be going back - you can't beat the 19th Lodge hospitality.

Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2009

The true test of a service establishment is the customer service personnel you deal with. In the case of the 19th Lodge, that outstanding individual was Mary Beasley. From my first communications with Mary, she went out of her way to provide me with the most complete, professional information and advice possible. With her assistance, booking my room was seamless. At the time I made my reservation Mary advised that the lodge's cancellation policy required six weeks prior notification in order to avoid a charge for the room. I was therefore pleasantly surprised when because of a family illness I had to cancel my reservation with only two weeks’ notice, that Mary accepted the cancellation without charging me.
Because of Mary's understanding and outstanding service and the many other wonderful things I have heard about the 19th Lodge, I will be staying there in the future when I am able to return to play golf at Ballybunion.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

The 19th Lodge is a great place to stay when in the Ballybunion area. The rooms are big and spacious, very comfy bed and fantastic bathroom. James and Mary are very welcoming hosts and produced a delicious breakfast to set us up for the day. We had a small child with us and they were most accommodating. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2009

Of all the places we stayed on our golfing tour of Scotland and Ireland, the 19th Lodge was the most comfortable and easy place to rest our weary legs.

Mary and James were unbelievable! There aren't too many places you stay where you feel like you've known your hosts for a lifetime and you're returning to see old friends. They looked after our every need, no matter how random the request...I was sad to say goodbye when we left, and I hope I can get back to see them again soon.

I have insisted that my Dad stay at the 19th Lodge on his tour of Ireland next year, and I'll certainly be returning again one day.

I can't recommend the place and the people highly enough.

Brad

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Baton Rouge, LA USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

This is the most magical place...you will NEVER want to leave. The lodge is gorgeous with no detail left unattended and the owners, the Beasley's are like family from the moment you walk in the door.

The rooms are beautiful (with air conditioning that works fabulously should the occasion arise) with nice, big well equipped bathrooms and any amenity you could want. They provide free internet service (wired and wireless) if you need it and the breakfast is fantastic.

I have traveled many places in the US and around the world and I can honestly say, this will be my best memory of any B&B I have ever stayed it.

What are you waiting for? Email or call Mary right now!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballybunion
Cliff House Hotel
Teach de Broc
Teach de Broc
#3 of 21 in Ballybunion
Kilcooly's Country House Hotel

Been to The 19th Lodge? Share your experiences!