“Great place”
Review of The Tides B&B

The Tides B&B
Ranked #2 of 21 Ballybunion B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 October 2013

David is a very entertaining host and a wealth of information! Great breakfast and the accommodation was perfect for the 7 of us. Just a short drive from town. Recommend the seaweed bath at Collins, a unique experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Tides B&B

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were so pleasantly surprised by this wonderful B & B that we stayed an extra
night. The rooms are pleasant and large with wonderful bathrooms. The breakfast
room is bright and pleasant and the breakfast very good.
The proprietors are delightful and helpful. David even helped to map out our graveyard tours as we toured the nearby townlands that our ancestors came from.
We stopped here early in our trip (September 2013) and I have to say that no place
else came anywhere close to these lovely accommodations.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Ballybunion G, Owner at The Tides B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Hello Enjoytheday0015 from North Carolina,

I loved reading your review of the Tides in Ballybunion and our sincere thanks indeed for posting this here on TripAdvisor.
We get people coming to stay with us for all reasons from Golfing, swimming , sightseeing, Horse riding and also tracing their history of the Family tree. It was my pleasure to help in the process and see the delighted on your faces when success was you in finding out information of the Irish roots.

Our pleasure indeed in looking after you folks and thanks sincerely for such kind comments.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My girlfriend and myself stayed on here Friday thurs 10th & again on Sat 12th of October 2013 as we were visiting the Ballybunion region to celebrate a friends wedding. It was my first time to stay in a B&B v's a hotel so I was unsure as what to expect. I'm very happy to stay that my experience was all positive. Our room was much bigger than your regular hotel bedroom as was the en-suite which had both a bath & a shower and plenty of space for two people to get ready in before heading out for a night out. It had everything you wanted including lots of fresh towels... above standard hotel toiletries (the type you would actually bother to bring home with you, which I did, ha ha) and there was also a jar of cotton buds & make up wipes, an iron and travel size iron board. Lots of wardrobe space and a better than average tea & coffee and hot chocolate facilities. Rooms were very homely and nice and warm. The breakfast was top class and something to really look forward to. The couple who run this place really take pride in there guest house and it shows as it was absolutely immaculate. Very helpful and knowledgeable about the area and always greet you with a genuine welcome and smile. The rooms and house in general was very tastefully decorated and it gave you a real homely feel at all times. I couldn't recommend this place enough as you will not regret it. Also if your looking for a really nice meal out in Ballybunion McMuns is a must, we ate there twice and we had top class food both nights. The beach is fantastic and the views from the bromore cliffs are just spectacular! A return trip will have to be made.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ballybunion G, Owner at The Tides B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Hello 1980 Stevie,

I was reading and reading such a stunning and glowing review it brings a smile to our faces.
Our sincere thanks for posting same on TripAdvisor and we head towards the next 100 reviews.

I loved the part that your coming back so next time your coming we take out the Lovely toiletries
and not temp you to carry them home again ( Ha Ha) They are in fairness lovely Spa toiletrie products and I do the very same myself at times....

Words cannot express the sincere thanks to both for this glowing review of the detail and time it took to post here.

Our thanks indeed

Reviewed 13 October 2013

This has to be the best guesthouse we have ever stayed in. We traveled down for a wedding and stayed Thursday night. Our room was stunning.The most beautiful room I have ever seen in a guesthouse and everything was absolutely spotless. The room was also lovely and warm and very spacious. The bathroom was spotless and had a lovely bath and a shower. The water pressure was amazing! Dave and Doreen are the best hosts. Dave entertained us with stories throughout our delicious breakfast that Doreen had cooked. My husband was so impressed with the homemade brown bread. Nothing was too much trouble for Dave and Doreen. They were so helpful. We would recommend this guesthouse to anyone planning a stay in Ballybunion. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Denise from Kildare,

I thank you both sincerely for posting such a stunning review here on TripAdvisor.
It was lovely having you all over for the wedding here in Ballybunion and our thanks to the Happy Couple to recommend us to you.
The Day in question was indeed lovely and I am delighted for all involved.
Glad you enjoyed the Showers and the best part is that ye will be back.

Till we meet again

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is the most immaculate place I have ever stayed in!! The location is great, the rooms spacious and warm. The hosts, Doreen and David, work very hard to assure that every need is met and that you enjoy a wonderful time in Ireland.
We will definitely be returning next fall!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mary H
Ballybunion G, Owner at The Tides B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Hello Mary from New York,

Today we hit the big time number of 200 Reviews and a heading such as “Spectacular B&B”
does the business for me Mary and thanks a million indeed.

TripAdvisor reviewers have been great to us and really show how much we put into the place in looking after our guests. Your a darling and we be delighted to have you next fall Mary.

Thanks a million

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have visited Ballybunion several times but this fall was my first time with the privilege of staying at David and Doreen's beautiful B&B. Our room was spacious and cozy with a large and modern bathroom with a tub and stand alone shower. The common area was a great spot to unwind after a long day and I would highly recommend the massage chair after walking 18 holes. On top of the comfortable and clean accommodations, David and Doreen are the nicest hosts you could imagine. They go out of their way to make you feel at home and are willing to help you in anyway possible. We will definitely be returning to Ballybunion and hope there are rooms available at the Tides to make our stay all the more enjoyable. Thank you David and Doreen for a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GregChiTown1983

Hello Greg from Chicago,

It has been our pleasure to look after the gang from the Windy City of Chicago and more so this year when we had the pleasure of having such a lovely couple stay with us the next generation of Brosnan's coming to Ballybunion.
Thanking you so much for taking the time to post such a review on TripAdvisor. The best part is the return visit is coming soon. To the both of you our sincere thanks indeed.

Sincerely

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Excellent hosting in a very charming guesthouse - breakfast was perfect and no complaints at all on our stay. Also a big plus for golfers like me as owner is a local and was able to guide me through the hurdles of getting a tee time - also very close to other touristy attractions

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Declan F
Ballybunion G, Owner at The Tides B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Declan from Switzerland,

What a stunning review on TripAdvisor with a heading to Match. “Perfectly located golfers B&B”

Sorting out golf times we do every day for our guests at no additional cost.
Ballybunion Old Course is indeed special and glad we were able to help out.

Thank you for you glowing review and having had such good fun I can only hope that you be back again sooner rather than Later.....

Thanks a million