“Very bad staff”
Review of Munster Arms

Munster Arms
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bandon
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This hotel is very well located in the centre of Town, rooms are basic but clean, carpets could do with an upgrade. Food was quite nice but the staff in this Hotel do not care about either their job or the customer as guests seem to be not welcome here. I have to say that in my 20 years visiting hotels (at least 1 a month) I have never witness staff as rude or not caring about either their job or the customer which is a shame as this hotel has very good potential if it ware managed correct.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Black R

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Spent some time in June with my 14 year old granddaughter. We loved the food especially the lamb shanks. The chef even shared his recipe for making the red wine sauce. Everyone was very kind and nice- I,m planning on returning to this hotel. Pat in Houston,Texas

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank pat944
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Myself and my partner stayed in this hotel while we were visting bandon,first off the staff were extrmely rude very unhelpful while we checked in they were talking about what they had done the weekend previous and we felt invisible,after struggling to check in we then went to our room extremely jet lagged and tired the room was freezing the bed was like a brick,the toiletries were not up to standard what so ever 2 small hand towels and 1 bath towel the sink and shower were extremely dirty,very tired we just rested for a while.We then went to the bar that night for drink and some food.the waiters and staff were extremly rude towards us we were waiting half hour for our food and when it came it was quiet cold we complained and the waiter huffed off and mumbled something under his breath,we asked to speak with the manager and were told he was unavailable while half hour later in the bar we were pointed to the manager who was chatting to friends at the bar,my blood was boiling so i approached him and he rudely shrugged me off saying he would look into this matter.NEVER AGAIN WOULD I STAY HERE OR RECOMMEND ANYONE STAY HERE.my friend is originally from bandon and had planned to book her wedding here but has opted againest it.OVER PRICED AND A DISGRACE.i would not expect any manager to speak to me the way the hotels did.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank corktaz
Reviewed 23 June 2012

stayed at this venue on monday nite the gentleman that booked me in was top notch and had an exelent T BONE steak very comfortable room and breakfast next morning all for 45 euro wot more u need

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night while we were visiting friends in Bandon. On entering the hotel, we had to battle our way to the reception desk because of a noisy crowd of about twelve people who were cluttering up the lobby. We then had to lug our suitcases up four flights of stairs and then struggled to find our way down an unlit corridor in search of our room. With the aid of a box of matches, we eventually found the room which was quite spacious and spotlessly clean but very basic. There were no extra pillows and there was a telephone beside the bed which wasn’t connected. The bathroom was also quite clean with a good supply of towels and toiletries. Unfortunately some of the toiletries had been used and there was a half a roll of tissue on the toilet roll holder.

There was a good breakfast menu which stated that the cold buffet consisted of cereals, yogurts, fresh fruits and fruit juices. In actual fact, there were no yogurts or fresh fruits and just a selection of three cereals. A young lad came to take our order for the hot breakfast and this was served piping hot a few minutes later. However, he served us just one small pot of tea and only two slices of toast (one each) and then left the area without coming back to see if everything was to our satisfaction. It wasn’t as though he was run off his feet as we were the only two people in the dining room. Later as we made our way to our room, we saw the same young lad sitting back in a chair at the reception desk even though there were no other guests in the lobby.

At €80 per night, I think this hotel is grossly overpriced. The staff, or rather the only one we encountered, whilst he was very friendly and chatty, he was also very unprofessional and could certainly do with some formal training.

With a little more attention to detail, this hotel could easily earn a five star rating but with the current rating, I will not be returning and certainly wouldn’t recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Erins-Isle22
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Ghastly place. We didn't stay here but ate from the only available menu which is bar food.
Adequate but no more and ABSURDLY EXPENSIVE...ordered drinks and they got the order wrong...drinks arrive and my glass is chipped...manager chatting away at the bar to his friends oblivious of the fact that my partner is waiting for a replacement glass...
HUGE televisions in both dining areas blaring out football. Waitress was worst we had EVER encountered....overly familiar and NOT friendly ( I do know the difference btw...)
When we declined puddings she arrived at our table and announced " now for the bad news,..here is your bill" aghh!
When we arrived back at our friends apartment he commented that local people avoid this place and now I know why. It's GROSS.
Bandon is a pretty town but needs a proper restaurant so that places like this cannot rip tourists off.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Peter L
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I didn't stay in this hotel so I cannot comment about the accomodation. But on New Year's Eve I booked a table for 14 people for a meal. When we arrived there was no table set up. Staff had to go to reception to confirm that I had made a booking and then had to move others having a drink in order to set up the table. The bar (where we were eating) was freezing and we had to ask for the heat to be turned on. There wasn't a sign of a christmas decoration in the place (although we did notice a snowman peeking out from the window ledge when we were leaving). The food was good when it arrived but the atmosphere just wasn't there. Overall, we were disappointed. Its a pity. Its the only actual hotel in Bandon and has great scope. I think the night club is its biggest asset at the moment

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank ElsaCork
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Courtmacsherry Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bandon
Blue Haven Hotel
Blue Haven Hotel
#3 of 5 in Kinsale

Been to Munster Arms? Share your experiences!