“Will not be returning”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bandon
Dungarvan, Ireland
“Will not be returning”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here bank holiday weekend. Never will return.
Room was dusty. Springs were noisy in bed when you moved. We had our little girl with us and room was above entrance to disco. Not much sleep.
Nobody maning reception. When i complained about another matter i was told i would have to wait hours until a manager was available.
Breakfast served in a tiny room. No window,no yogurts or fruit. (One apple was available one morning).Orange juice you had to ask waitress as jugs always empty.
Debit card was pre authorised on arrival which means funds are not available for 5 days beware!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Deisejoe
Management M, Front Office Manager at Munster Arms, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
We are very sorry that your stay with us at the hotel was not all to your expectations, please note that we have put systems in place to ensure that the problems you have addressed will not happen again.

As for your credit card pre authorised most people are aware of this matter, you will have to take it up with your bank, it is out of our hands Im afraid.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Letterkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed on 18th/19th July 2014, along with 3 adult friends and 2 kids and we agree on the following-- The rooms, spotless. Staff out of this world, nothing to much bother, always on hand and with a smile. The food excellent, will stay longer next time just to go through the menu. The bar prices exactly the same as our local, result ! ! YES, I WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR. Thanks to one and all of you. Lance King and friends

Room Tip: No need all rooms good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
dublin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed on Friday night July 18th. Long wait at reception, told my room was on 2nd floor. Took me bout 10 minutes to find it hidden away behind what presumably they think are fire doors but look like wardrobe doors. Net curtains and window sill were filthy, tv remote does not work. Worst tho was the noise. There was loud music and lots of noise from surrounding bars. Very warm night but I could not open the windows cos of said noise. I would have appreciated it if I was told room was noisy and would probably not have stayed. I didn't have breakfast as I am coeliac and no gluten free bread available. Also menu stated fresh fruits and yogurts but there were none on "buffet". I do not mind shabby but dirty curtains and dusty lockers and dressing table are not acceptable. Terrible

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

No receipts, even when asked!!
Overpriced every time at bar
Different prices every time for same drinks
€19.20 for glass white wine, pt bottle bulmers, balltgowan water
When we challenged one member of bar staff they randomly pulled €5 from the register & gave it to us without question, it was as if they knew that we knew we were overcharged heavily

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Abc132
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed for three days lately with partner and have no complaints. Good value for the price. Rom very clean, beds comfortable, shower fine, tea/coffee in rooms, TV could be a bit better I suppose. Had no wait to check in but I can see why that could happen as the staff do a lot of different jobs. A couple of minutes wait would hardly be the end of the world if it happened. Had food in the hotel on first night and again was perfectly adequate, There is a menu for the breakfast with a really good choice for the money you pay for the hotel. It is not just the usual Irish fry rubbish, fish choices, French toast etc. Finally the staff were very helpful and friendly ... so I would go back. It is a reasonable base for touring the area although the town itself wasn't vey busy. Car parking possible in a type of side yard belonging to the hotel ... One final point .. the staff were very relaxed about checking out and it was well after the official checkout time when we departed.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a quiet room at the weekend as the Hotel has a night club which the receptionist told...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Seasonedtraveller028
manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

well....

for the price paid, this place wasnt so bad

turned up on good friday and there was a fair amount of people in the place

only one person working on the bar but wasnt too much trouble to wait to check in - wasnt in massive hurry

place is easy to find places to park are limited but theres a car park behind the hotel

rooms were clean if dated bed was great and tea in the room was welcome

breakfast in the morning was excellent lots of toast and full fry

yer man on breakfast duty was friendly

round the area was quiet buts that cos it was good friday - theres 5 pubs on the street where to hetel is and they were all shut - not sure what itd be like on a normal day

all in all a good stay - recommended - think some of you lot should not be expecting the savoy or the hilton for b and b money :D

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank hairnet600
Leinster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I usually don't write reviews for where I stay, I just tend to look at reviews out of curiosity. But after reading some of the reviews below I just had to leave one. I do accept people are entitled to an opinion but me personally i could not fault this hotel. I enjoyed every minute of my stay and could not fault staff or facilities. Food was divine, rooms were simple yet elegant. Only complaint I had wud be the sound of the nearby fire station! Lol. Overall 9/10 if a little cheaper it prob wudda got the 10. I'll be back if ever in west cork again :) happily recommend to anyone.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Management M, General Manager at Munster Arms, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent custom, and for taking the time to review us.
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we are grateful for your kind words.
We hope you will choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandon
Glebe Country House
Fernhill House Hotel
Fernhill House Hotel
#1 of 8 in Clonakilty
Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa

Been to Munster Arms? Share your experiences!