See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 days with my aunt and my 3 children, Teresa and her family’s were so helpful, welcoming and friendly. It has been a while since I visited Ireland and it was a first for my children, thank you Teresa, Shane and everyone else for helping making our stay so enjoyable and memorable, we will definitely come back to visit you all ❤️

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank reynolds629
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Dear Sir.

Today I visited one of your local restaurant in Co Offaly near Birr. Not sure of the name but is in Fivealley.

I was with my elderly mother and sister on a day out and decided to stop of for something to eat, this place looked good from the outside so in we went. We ordered three dinners consisting of burger and chips, steak sandwich and chips and cod and chips. When we received our order the burger seemed a little sour and if it was not safe to eat while the steak was cold and the chips were reheated and hard. Without any fuss we drew this to the attention of the bartender who insisted the "burger could not be sour as I have sold three similar meals today without any complaints." He replaced the burger meal with steak sandwich meal and insisted the both him and the chef tasted the burger and found no sour taste and it was only the flavor of the burger. He also reheated the first steak sandwich and replaced the original chips. We completed most of the meals and then proceeded to the bar to pay for the meal. Total came to around 45 Euro which we paid. The bar tender then insisted the burger was OK saying "you complained about the burger being sour and you complained about the steak being cold" pointing to each of us in turn. He then told us to " f...k off and get out to f...k out of here, go on get out to f...k" we turned around and left the premises without any reply. There was at least five other people in the bar at the time.
Failte Ireland is spending millions to attract tourists into Ireland every year and it relies on business owners and staff to step up to the mark and make them welcome, I for one will not be returning to Fivevalley very soon.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank tomei9dl
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Me and several of my colleagues stayed here for nearly 3 months whilst working nearby and well, what can I say.
First impressions always count as they say and you walk inside and it is immaculate, and you're met with the warmest of smiles. Nothing is to much bother from any of the staff.

The rooms again are immaculate and kept in tip top condition, if you needed anything extra again,no bother.

Last but not least is the food, great home cooking and plenty of it. The fine dining menu for the weekends is to die for!! (My pants are definitely on the tight side now!)

All in all, we felt like a part of the family with all the staff and will miss this place for a very long time to come.

Top tip time, don't ask Shane for a glass of water ;)

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business