All reviews wonderful stay wonderful hosts scones terry property beds breakfast
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We spent one here and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was quiet and beautiful. The hosts were gracious. We loved the ruins of the church next door. It is very convenient to Clonmacnoise (a must see), Lukers Pub at Shannonbridge (excellent bacon and cabbage), Birr Castle (the grounds and telescope are fascinating), and more. I cannot imagine a more beautiful dining room for breakfast. High recommended for exploring the Midlands.

Room Tip: I think the rooms with a view od the church are the best
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

This is the first property we have stayed where all previous reviews, appropriately, give it a grade of 5! This is a very special guesthouse and one we will return to. 2 nights here was not long enough. Nancy is a very attentive and fun host and her welcome is very warm. We recommend this home for anyone seeking accommodation in the area.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I stayed here with a group of 4 from Florida last week (I'm a Cavan girl!) and had an absolutely amazing experience. Our hosts, Nancy & Terry couldn't do enough for us and were probably the warmest hosts I've ever encountered, particularly Nancy who had a quick wit and an infectious laugh. The house was immaculate and historic and had a unique charm that was unparalleled for the rest of our trip. We loved exploring the church ruins next door.

I can't recommend this guesthouse enough, and I will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms here are great
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2017

An amazing place to stay and what a wonderful host Nancy is. The Rectory is very comfortable. Nancy's welcome together scones were very much appreciated. Breakfast freshly made to order. Thank you Nancy for looking after George and myself so well. We will return!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SheilaandGeorge
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Nancy and Terry are very welcoming and delightful hosts.
We stayed four nights, the room was impeccable. We were spoiled with every day different things for breakfast an additional treat: the wonderful homemade scones and the

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple