I stayed at the County Arms from 1st to 3rd July 2014. We got the large family room which has a king size bed, a bunk bed and a single bed also. We travelled with 3 young kids all under 8yrs old (no compliant from our kids which is a good sign!)
breakfast was good, good choice & no complaints, the bar food menu was very good value and the food was hot and plentiful. The Dinner in the restaurant was equally very good on our second night stay.
The pool was one of the cleanest and best pools I've seen in a hotel of this size and our kids loved it.
The staff were all friendly and local. The gardens where beautiful & large. with a little more attending to the gardens they could be spectacular.
All in all, very happy with this hotel and I would recommend it and would stay again. We were shown the hotels hidden gem when we were checking out on Thursday morning, which was a tour of their bedrooms which reside in the older part of the historical house part of the hotel. very elegant rooms, but not over stated in any way, simply beautiful.
There was some minor things which i could mention as a negative, but they are not worth mentioning as it was a great short break in a very nice hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Ireland's finest family-run Hotels since 1962. Unwind at the Springs Leisure Club & Wellness suites with luxurious spa treatments. Stay in spacious bedrooms including family rooms with bunk beds. Meet in modern conference facilities, enhanced by our central location within 90 minutes of Dublin, Galway & Limerick. Enjoy our award-winning Restaurant, pretty gardens, lively bar and relaxing foyer. Special offers include Murder Mystery, Walking, Golf, Spa. 6 bedrooms adapted for wheelchair users. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your County Arms Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Arms Hotel And Leisure Club
- County Arms Hotel & Leisure Club Birr, County Offaly, Ireland