Stopped here on the way to Roscrea for a late lunch as they advertised food served all day. The hotel seemed nice and we decided to eat in the bar area which was a bit mundane but adequate. We ordered at the bar, 2 tomato and basil soup with soda bread and a plate of chips. Service was fairly prompt, the waiter brought 3 bread rolls to the table and our cutlery, assumed the soda bread came with the soup!! No it didn't, even so why were there 3 rolls when there were 2 of us, were we supposed to fight over one or halve it! The soup was tasty but the only hint of basil was the leaf which floated on the top. The chips were good and an adequate serving. It was €14 for the lot with 2 sparkling waters so pretty good value all in all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of Ireland's finest family-run Hotels since 1962. Unwind at the Springs Leisure Club & Wellness suites with luxurious spa treatments. Stay in spacious bedrooms including family rooms with bunk beds. Meet in modern conference facilities, enhanced by our central location within 90 minutes of Dublin, Galway & Limerick. Enjoy our award-winning Restaurant, pretty gardens, lively bar and relaxing foyer. Special offers include Murder Mystery, Walking, Golf, Spa. 6 bedrooms adapted for wheelchair users. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your County Arms Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- County Arms Hotel And Leisure Club
- County Arms Hotel & Leisure Club Birr, County Offaly, Ireland