“Fantastic surprise!”

Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

My partner whisked me away for an overnight stay here and between the 2 of us, we could not have been more surprised with what we got! My partner had bookedDBB and on check in at approx 7pm we were told we could eat as late as half 9 if we wanted which suited us perfectly! room was spotless and beautiful, equipped with living area and balcony! My partner had also arranged wine and chocolate dipped strawberries which was a lovely touch on his behalf! We went for a walk around the beautiful surroundings of the golf course and could just feel the peace and tranquility doing us both the world of good! Our inclusive dinner was delightful as was the service! When we arrived for dinner,The Maître D in the restaurant said that we could go for a drink in the bar first if we wanted ~ a breath of fresh air, as previous experiences in hotels is get them in early and out early! Not the case here! We had breakfast early the next morning which was great. We then played tennis with the rackets that the hotel provides on request! Before we left, I had arranged a back massage and mini facial with cathriona, like all other staff, she was a delight to chat to and very friendly. She was very busy on the morning in question and could probably have done with another pair of hands despite been independent from the hotel. We have both highly recommended this hotel to all our colleagues and we hope to come back soon.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicmc88
Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I attended a wedding there for two days and I found from beginning to end the service was second to none. The hotel is near the lakes and you can take a scenic walk down to explore. The breakfast was delicious and the food they prepared for the wedding was also excellent. The price was hefty for two nights coming in at just under 270e (with a 'wedding rate') for two nights, however the huge room they gave us was worth the price. The room also had a big balcony with a view of the front garden-nice! (although considering I spent so little time there, I would rather have paid less for a smaller room). the hotel itself is comprised of a number of buildings and offers excellent inside and outside dining. It was sunny when we were there so outside the bar was great.

There were a couple of things that bothered me-the room was a bit too hot at night, it was a particularly warm weekend, but it was hard to cool it as opening the window and curtains would have left us very exposed. The shower sometimes detached itself from it's holder-probably an easy fix and I should have mentioned it to staff but forgot! Also, I didn't find any instructions in my room-perhaps hidden? These extra touches would bring this place up to 5 stars for me. I would definitely go back. I didn't try the golf but the course looked lovely!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Myself and a friend stayed here for one night and were delighted with everything Tulfarris has to offer. Our room was gorgeous, the friendly staff went out of their way to ensure we had a comfortable stay and the food was delicious.
We shall be returning!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2014

A truely fabulous location for a wedding.the hotel staff all very pleasant.the accomodation was faultless clean, fresh, spacious and very comfortable.the wedding we attended was in a banqueting room away from main hotel , this is a grest idea as residents in the hotel are not disturbed by music etc.the food and service was exceptional .no doubt guests from new zealand will recommend this hotel to family and friends travelling to ireland in the future.

Room Tip: Varied rooms allocated to wedding guests -no complaints about any of the rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Our stay was just gorgeous. We got the pamper package and we were treated like royalty. The staff are so attentive but subtle, the grounds and views are amazing and the hotel itself is lovely. The food in the restaurant is good too.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank DanielSmith
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here for one night with my partner and another couple. We got a great deal including dinner, B&B and golf for the gents. Both couples received fabulous rooms over looking the golf course, they were both suites which were very spacious and had separate kitchen/living areas. Beds were very comfortable and room overall was very clean (always a plus!!!). Our package included dinner in the bar that evening, the service could not be faulted, staff were friendly, efficient and very helpful. Food was delicious and would definitely go back.
Breakfast the next morning was also delicious and plenty to choose from our favorite part is always the breakfast!!!
Hotel overall was excellent, staff could not be faulted and the grounds and hotel are a beautiful setting. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

we celebrated with our family my daughter's confirmation day in Tulfarris , it was beautiful ,from start to finish , the stunning surrounding of the lake,the beautiful hotel and manor house.I would give 10 out of 10 for delicious food,service best I've ever experienced and omg at last in Ireland value for money! Cannot wait to book in for relaxing weekend !! Well done everyone who is involved in this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank lizzyphibbs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
20 mi away
Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant
BrookLodge & Macreddin Village
BrookLodge & Macreddin Village
#1 of 1 in Macreddin Village

Been to Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!