“Best short break ever”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Dublin, Ireland
“Best short break ever”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed in Tulfarris Sunday 22th June 14 ,round of golf ,beautiful scenery ,room huge had a suite .Beaufiful setting ,sat and enjoyed few drinks soaking up the sun.Lovely meal in Lime restaurant .Staff really friendly .From start to finish great break.Got a deal online and excellent value.Will jump at the chance to go back !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Czech first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We got married at Tulfarris Hotel at the end of May this year. Our wedding was particularly challenging from a logistical perspective as we had many visitors arriving from far overseas. The experience and professionalism of the staff who dealt with all of our guests needs was nothing short of exceptional. They were patient, understanding, efficient and courteous at all times.
The day of the wedding was perfect. Everything went smoothly and there were absolutely no issues. The ceremony room, the meal, the staff, the service, the quality of the accommodation, the value for money...was all way above par. At every moment both we and our guests felt like VIP's and the staff worked tirelessly to ensure all of our needs were met.
All of our guests reported back to us that they had the most fantastic time there and would all like to return in the future to enjoy the hotel, the service and the surroundings.
We cannot speak more highly of our experience at this hotel. We would recommend this place to anyone. At ehe end of the day the staff ensured that our wedding day was an amazing and memorable experience that we will carry with us for the rest of our lives. Money cannot buy excellent staff service such that Tulfarris provided. It is the people there who make it a special place. We will forever be grateful to them for giving us a day we will never forget.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank floody2014
Cork
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just back from our 2nd golf break this year @ Tulfarris Hotel. Stayed here several times over the last few years.Always book with Aisling who is Top Class at her job.Staff are always friendly and helpful. Food in the Lime Tree restaurant is excellent with great views overlooking the 18th..Tulfarris is on the shores of Blessington lakes . If you want a relaxing break ,beautiful walks and sitting by the open fire in the lobby after dinner, this is the place.
Looking forward to contacting Aisling again soon.

Room Tip: If possible upgrade to a suite on the first floor
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Tulfarris Resort and I must say it is a great location. I emailed them the day before my visit and got an upgrade to the Sorrell Suite in the manor house. Fantastic room with a view over the golf course. The course was great to play and a challenge for all levels of golfer. Some great holes with fantastic views over the lough. Ate in the Elk Bar and was very impressed with the food. The service was great. Recommend this place to anyone

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
dublin
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed there having attended a wedding reception in the hotel. The reception was very good - good food, excellent service, and everything went very well. We stayed in the main hotel which was great - the room was very large and comfortable, the breakfast buffet was good and the staff were very friendly and efficient. The only issues concerned the bathroom - the fan would not switch off at all and stayed running all night. This didn't botehr us, as with the door closed, it was only a faint background hum. Hoerver, we also had a problem with the shower in the morning - the only water was very hot or scalding i.e no cold seemed to be entering the mixer no matter what position it was in, and it was too hot to use the shower. We pointed both of these out to Reception when we were checking out, and the lovely girl at reception actually reduced our bill - we hadn't asked for anything, but it was a lovely touch!
My wife had stayed here recently on a golf trip and enjoyed her stay then as much as we did yesterday, so it might become a stop on the 'golf outing' scene.

1 Thank 06D123
Dublin
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Our second time staying at Tulfarris Hotel this year and once again a positive experience. There were no double rooms available on Lidl Breaks so I contacted the hotel directly and they changed the twin to a double without hesitation or penalty. They did the same the last occasion we stayed. The bathroom was a shower in bath set-up. I preferred just the shower option like we had last time because the bedroom was far more spacious and the bed was bigger and more comfortable. We went for the dinner b&b option which is great value. The evening meal was excellent. The staff were friendly and professional. The breakfast is an “eat all you want” buffet affair. The food however was not sufficiently hot as it is left stewing endlessly in the various stainless containers on tables and these containers are not heated properly. A breakfast has to be piping hot to be enjoyed, not lukewarm or cold. But you can keep an eye on proceedings and when they refill these receptacles you can swoop for your delicious hot grub. Whoever designed the bar should be shot. This is the least attractive part of the hotel and with no boozers nearby you have no choice if you fancy a few jars. The bar is a large, dour, low ceiling hall-like room with dreadful acoustics, no atmosphere and completely inadequate seating. It needs to be refurbished urgently by someone enlightened and with some degree of imagination and class. The walks on the golf course, although permitted, are short and awkward with people firing golf balls all over the place. The walks outside the hotel grounds are far more enjoyable and extensive and safer. All the details are in your welcome pack in the rooms which reminds me, there was no welcome pack in our room this time. Never mind, I would still recommend Tulfarris for a short break or weekend away.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at Tulfarris on the 1st June 2014 under a GrabOne Voucher that I bought.
The deal included a one night stay in a suite, sparkling afternoon tea and dining credit towards a three course meal in the restaurant. I had heard great reviews of the hotel and was looking forward to having a relaxing night away.
We arrived at the hotel at half 1, earlier than the stated check in time, but we didn't mind waiting around in the bar if the room wasn't ready. We were checked in quite quickly and given our vouchers from the deal and the keys to the room. The room allocated was on the ground floor right next to the ladies toilets and wasn't a suite which we had paid for. When i went back to the reception to enquire, I was met with a very unhelpful and snappy tone from the receptionist at the desk. I was informed that "suites are only available subject to availability" and "were all booked out for tonight". I was promised upon making the reservation weeks beforehand that a suite would be made available to us, as I had purposely asked at the time of booking, so I was surprised to receive this response. A more senior member of staff appeared straight away and informed me that a suite would be made available at 3 o'clock and to come back then. Funny how two minutes previous "they were all booked out".

We went to the bar to have a drink and wait for the room to be ready, only to find there were no seats available or several tables had "reserved" on them. So not only were rooms not ready, you also couldn't have a seat in the bar to help pass the time waiting either.

Afternoon tea was extremely disappointing, everything came out slapped up onto one plate, sandwiches on top of the desserts etc. Other guests around us had theirs come out on cake stands. It was clearly obvious this hotel wanted to single out anyone that was on a deal voucher. Why advertise these deals at all if going to treat guest differently when they arrived? It's most infuriating.

We eventually were given a suite, only to find it was across from the first room, right next to the men's toilets. So for the whole day and night we had to listen to men using the toilets, doors slamming and hand driers going. Neither of us slept a wink.

I asked at reception if we could change our dinner reservation to 8pm from 7pm, and straight away (the same receptionist from earlier) "we're fully booked at 8", was the answer. She didnt even check the list to see if it was possible. I didn't even bother pursuing it further.
We went down for dinner at 7 and had starter & main. I ordered Chicken Liver Parfait for start and roast stuffed chicken for main. Half way through my starter I found a hair between the pate and the bread. Once I pointed it out to a member of staff, i was forced to sit through watching all the staff telling each other, all persisting at looking over at me and the kitchen staff/chefs looking out at me through the window in the kitchen. I had never seen anything like it in my life. totally unprofessional.

I had high hopes for this hotel but was severely let down. I will never return and will never recommend this as a hotel to visit, ever. The sheer unprofessionalism and total disrespect of customer service was appalling.

Room Tip: Ask for one not located near the bar or toilets
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
14 Thank premierchick
Mark H, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Good Afternoon Premier Chick

Sincere Apologies, I had replied to your review but now see it was rejected. Could you please call me in the hotel at your earliest convenience.

Kind Regards
Mark

Mark Howell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!