Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Avon Ri(Blessington)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
The Glendalough Hotel(Glendalough Village)
  • Restaurant
1,062 results
All reviewsmanor houselime tree restaurantupgraded to a suiteelk bargolf resortann marielovely hotelon arrivalnext morningblessington lakeswedding venuethe ground floorthe main hoteltop classbar foodfrom start to finishlovely setting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed with my husband for one night only. Check in was quick & informative,room was on ground level with lots of passersby being within inches of our windows due to this we had to keep the curtains pulled which doesn't exactly help while trying to get dressed! Lighting very poor also.Dinner was cooked to perfection & waiting staff very attentive & friendly.The following morning our shower was ice cold I rang reception & she proceeded to explain as our room was a long distance away hot water could take a little longer to reach us! She also said she would have maintenance take a look while we were at breakfast. Breakfast itself was not overly appetising,choice was limited & very bland. On returning to our room & checking once again for hot water it was still ice cold. Checking out I mentioned once again the cold water issue,the receptionist didn't seem to acknowledge my complaint & I left feeling a little annoyed as something as simple as this should without a doubt be easy to rectify considering this is after all a four star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank carly-laois
Mark H, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello Carly Laois

Thank you for your review and taking the time to write it. It certainly does highlight some issues we need to address immediately. I will be honest and agree with you on the windows and the lack of a net curtain for a better word. I can assure you that in the coming months this will be rectified for all ground floor windows.
With regards to your water issues I would love if you could give me a call as I really would like to apologise in person for this and try to put it right. I don't feel it was dealt with correctly and I really dislike any guest leaving annoyed as you did.

Unfortunately I can't post our number here but it will be on any correspondence from us.

Looking forward to speaking with you,

Kind regards
Mark

Mark Howell

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed 1 night for a wedding in Tulfarris

Pros
Great location in the heart of Wicklow
Clean rooms
Friendly staff
Nice golf course

Cons
Rooms were small and bathroom very dark/dim...or maybe we were missing a bulb. Our ground floor room meant we had the pleasure of golfers looking into the bedroom first thing that morning when we opened the curtains!
Food was nice at the wedding but the breakfast buffet was pretty poor all round with many hot items not available/run out.
Layout for a wedding is a little difficult as the function room and bedrooms are in separate buildings which is not ideal given the Irish climate!...you have to walk outdoors to get to your room from the wedding venue...brrrr!

Room Tip: Get a room off the ground floor if you don't want golfers looking in on you first thing in the morning.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Portofella
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here for a few nights with my family in early June. The service was first class, the food was amazing and the rooms were modern and clean! Stayed my second night in a suite in the old house which was fabulous very quaint and well worth the upgrade if you can!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anniedbd
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Spent Monday and Tuesday nights last week in the hotel. We were upgraded to a suite. It was beautiful. We had a very large sitting room com kitchen. The sitting room was really luxurious. We had dinner on both nights and the food is out of this world and staff really helpful and very pleasant. The bar is lovely too. The golf course is challenging but what views. Out of this world!! We will certainly visit shortly again and would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were a party of 20 celebrating our sons confirmation. Everything about the lunch we booked was very good. The manager who greted us made us feel both welcome and appreciated that we were having lunch, other managers please note this initial welcome is very important in setting the tone of a lunch. The choice we had was excellent something for all palates and each dish was well prepared and presented. The waiters were very good on hand when one needed service and not intrusive. The setting is really nice overlooking the golf course and with the big windows you had a wonderful vista. Congradulations to all involved

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family