“Smiling faces!”

Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Reviewed 18 July 2014

So nice to be met with a smile! We attended a family wedding - from the time we checked in to the hotel and left the next morning - we were met with lots of 'smiles' from the staff. One can't negate the positive influence of being greeted with eyecontact and a smiling face. This is an excellent hotel - because of all its staff - from the reception area, bar staff, wedding breakfast staff and bar staff - who were under tremendous pressure! Really recommend this venue for a memorable wedding day - location is stunning and less than an hour from Dublin.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank doylemary2
Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed at the Tulfarris for one night in June. I was extremely impressed with everything; the location, the decor, the size of the bedrooms, the staff, the food was AMAZING, the bar was good fun with live music and the views from the bar over the golf course are first class. I was there on business but will definitely return with my partner, it has a very romantic vibe, especially in the manor house which is full of charm. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lisabobisa
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Suite 207 was perfect with plenty of space for us and the baby. The lounge/kitchenette area was a great addition to our room with excellent views of the golf course from our balcony. Dinner & breakfast in the lime tree restaurant was beautiful. Staff at the reception, bar and restaurant were friendly, welcoming and professional. Service was top notch overall and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Lovely location with fabulous views.
We had booked an ordinary room but got upgraded to a suite. It was nice but needed some TLC- rooms very dim as some lights not working, mismatched bulbs which resulted in dark lighting. As we were on the ground floor right on the path/roadway where everyone who passed could look in, we had to keep the curtains pulled.
Bathroom fittings needed replacement and the plaster in the ceiling of the sitting room was peeling off!
Dinner in the Lime Tree Restaurant was fabulous and the staff were excellent however breakfast was hectic with some of the hot food running out.
Due to the traffic and people talking, we were awake quite a lot during the night and from 6am with cars driving past.
Would have much preferred an room upstairs at the back of the main hotel, views were spectacular and would have less noise during the night.
Overall we were disappointed with our stay

Room Tip: Do not stay on the ground floor of the main hotel at the front, very noisy and not private at all
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark H, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello StevieW50,

Thank you for your review and taking the time to write it. We really do appreciate our guests taking the time out to write them so we may improve.

I completely understand your points with regards to the windows and covering. We have a maintenance upgrade plan in place and working to this. These voiles should be in place in the next few weeks.
I am glad that you had a great meal in the restaurant. I am sorry that breakfast was hectic, unfortunatley we do do our best to try and warn guests of the busy times in the restaurant as this does happen from time to time. I do feel that we are staffed accordingly for this but understand the predicament from our guests point of view. We are now looking at having an overflow area set for breakfast in the beech suite beside the restaurant. This should ensure all guests have a table immediately.

I would like to speak with you directly on this to apologise personally, could you please call me or contact me by email so I may do this.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards
Mark

Mark Howell

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed in Tulfarris earlier this month, having stayed previously in 2011, and am thrilled to say that this visit was even better than my previous one! Our room which was in the Manor House was absolutely stunning!

From the time I made our booking with Aisling to the time we left the hotel, I can honestly say that my dealings with all staff were exceptional. We had dinner in the Lime Tree, again absolutely fabulous... especially my favourite dessert, pecan pie.. plus I got to try my partners desert too and it was just as good!!

We will definitely be back again - why? Because of the great the location, the beautiful hotel, the divine food and the lovely staff :-) All in all a really enjoyable stay once again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GillKildare
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed with my husband for one night only. Check in was quick & informative,room was on ground level with lots of passersby being within inches of our windows due to this we had to keep the curtains pulled which doesn't exactly help while trying to get dressed! Lighting very poor also.Dinner was cooked to perfection & waiting staff very attentive & friendly.The following morning our shower was ice cold I rang reception & she proceeded to explain as our room was a long distance away hot water could take a little longer to reach us! She also said she would have maintenance take a look while we were at breakfast. Breakfast itself was not overly appetising,choice was limited & very bland. On returning to our room & checking once again for hot water it was still ice cold. Checking out I mentioned once again the cold water issue,the receptionist didn't seem to acknowledge my complaint & I left feeling a little annoyed as something as simple as this should without a doubt be easy to rectify considering this is after all a four star hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank carly-laois
Mark H, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello Carly Laois

Thank you for your review and taking the time to write it. It certainly does highlight some issues we need to address immediately. I will be honest and agree with you on the windows and the lack of a net curtain for a better word. I can assure you that in the coming months this will be rectified for all ground floor windows.
With regards to your water issues I would love if you could give me a call as I really would like to apologise in person for this and try to put it right. I don't feel it was dealt with correctly and I really dislike any guest leaving annoyed as you did.

Unfortunately I can't post our number here but it will be on any correspondence from us.

Looking forward to speaking with you,

Kind regards
Mark

Mark Howell

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed 1 night for a wedding in Tulfarris

Pros
Great location in the heart of Wicklow
Clean rooms
Friendly staff
Nice golf course

Cons
Rooms were small and bathroom very dark/dim...or maybe we were missing a bulb. Our ground floor room meant we had the pleasure of golfers looking into the bedroom first thing that morning when we opened the curtains!
Food was nice at the wedding but the breakfast buffet was pretty poor all round with many hot items not available/run out.
Layout for a wedding is a little difficult as the function room and bedrooms are in separate buildings which is not ideal given the Irish climate!...you have to walk outdoors to get to your room from the wedding venue...brrrr!

Room Tip: Get a room off the ground floor if you don't want golfers looking in on you first thing in the m...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Portofella
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
20 mi away
Tinakilly Country House Hotel & Restaurant
BrookLodge & Macreddin Village
BrookLodge & Macreddin Village
#1 of 1 in Macreddin Village

Been to Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!