“Lovely Anniversary”

Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just wanted to take the opportunity to thank Tulfarris for a lovely stay. I previously reviewed the hotel last summer, following our wedding there, and we were treated to a return stay for our 1st anniversary.
As always the staff were friendly and efficient, and especially welcoming - the meal and restaurant staff were great, and room was perfect.

1  Thank paddyh117
Mark H, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello Paddy

Thank you for the lovely review and I am delighted that you had a lovely 1st Anniversary back with us. I hope it brought up some very fond memories of the day.

Hopefully we will see you again before your 2nd.

Kind Regards
Mark

Mark Howell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and i stayed in this hotel on a grabone deal for one night. The situation of this hotel is truly beautiful.
On arrival we were upgraded to a suite in the manor house - a seperate buliding to main hotel. It looked quite impressive from outside - when we entered there were bottles and glasses all over the landing plus the detritous of cleaning equipment which we had to step over to get to room - there had been a wedding the day before and rooms were being cleaned - that is understandable it has to be done - but this was after 3pm? - it just was not a very nice scene to arrive to.
Our room looked lovely on first sight with a lovely bathroom with roll top bath and seperate shower, large windows in bedroom lovely light etc - I then discovered that the cleanliness was not good - there were hairs in the bottom of the bath and a stain on the toilet seat. Both of which I removed.... I sat down on bed and noticed that the head board (which was fabric) was covered in dust - I mean thick with dust along top of headboard and down on fabric - you could not miss it if you were cleaning room. There were stains all over carpet - this was a creamy white carpet - stains were very visible and plentiful. The bedside tables were thick with dust also. This was a beautiful room - really very nice - the cleaning left a LOT to be desired.
We had our dinner in Lime Tree restaurant - it was very nice with a lovely view and staff were pleasant. Breakfast next morning was very busy - server units were topped up ok but some of the contents were not hot.
I think this hotel could be fabulous - staff need some training in customer service and attention to detail - no question about it.

1  Thank irish_eyes007

Hello Irish_eyes007

Thank you for your review and taking the time to write it. It really is with feedback like this that we learn and grow. As you can see from all other reviews we pride ourselves on good service and standards. We certainly let ourselves down with you but I can assure you that this is not the norm.
I would love if you could contact me directly yourself so I may talk this through with you and offer my sincere apologies for our shortcomings.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Kind Regards
Mark

Mark Howell

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had a fantastic one night stay here with my other half. Hotel is in a beautiful location by the Blessington Lakes. Was kindly given a complimentary upgrade to a suite and it was FAB. Huge room and has a gorgeous view over the golf course and lakes. Staff were all very professional and kind. Had dinner in the Lime Tree Restaurant and it was really tasty, steak was perfectly cooked and the views from the restaurant are lovely too. Amazing value for money and would love to return again. Thanks for a lovely stay :)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights on a Grab One deal. The hotel is very nice and we were upgraded to the Foxglove Room in the Manor House. The room was lovely but we found it very quiet as we were away from the main hotel. A lot of stairs to the room on the top floor and then to walk to the main hotel for dinner which was up more stairs. Unfortunately my husband has trouble walking and found all these stairs difficult. We were not aware of this when checking in. Needs a lift badly. All in all the food and service was excellent. Really enjoyed our stay. Told receptionist when checking out that water needs to be looked at in Foxglove room as we had no cold water to clean teeth etc. Water in cold tap was luke warm and we couldn't let it run too long as sink filled up - obviously blocked. Receptonist she would report it to maintenance to get sorted.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

So nice to be met with a smile! We attended a family wedding - from the time we checked in to the hotel and left the next morning - we were met with lots of 'smiles' from the staff. One can't negate the positive influence of being greeted with eyecontact and a smiling face. This is an excellent hotel - because of all its staff - from the reception area, bar staff, wedding breakfast staff and bar staff - who were under tremendous pressure! Really recommend this venue for a memorable wedding day - location is stunning and less than an hour from Dublin.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank doylemary2
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed at the Tulfarris for one night in June. I was extremely impressed with everything; the location, the decor, the size of the bedrooms, the staff, the food was AMAZING, the bar was good fun with live music and the views from the bar over the golf course are first class. I was there on business but will definitely return with my partner, it has a very romantic vibe, especially in the manor house which is full of charm. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lisabobisa
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Suite 207 was perfect with plenty of space for us and the baby. The lounge/kitchenette area was a great addition to our room with excellent views of the golf course from our balcony. Dinner & breakfast in the lime tree restaurant was beautiful. Staff at the reception, bar and restaurant were friendly, welcoming and professional. Service was top notch overall and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
18 mi away
BrookLodge & Macreddin Village
BrookLodge & Macreddin Village
#1 of 1 in Macreddin Village
The Royal Hotel and Merrill Leisure Club

Been to Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!