“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Blessington
Kildare, Ireland
“Pleasant stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here. Nice food in the lime tree restaurant and a pleasant few drinks in the Elk bar, would recommend for short stay. Staff were great but the man in charge was a bit belittling towards some of them. Overall good experience

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Pat672014
Mark H, General Manager at Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello Pat672014

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write your review, we really do appreciate it. I am glad that you had a lovely stay but I am a little surprised by your comment on the man in charge. Could you possibly contact me at the hotel so I may talk about this more.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Mark Howell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Check in was quick and easy and got up graded to suite. Main room in suite lovely. Bathroom though a let down. I prefer seperate shower and bath tub. Just like your bog standard bathroom. Separate kitchen come dining room with balcony. Not one glass in room. No furnishings on balcony. What's the point of having one if can't use it. Seen people pull their couch out onto one! Ate in restaurant girl called Aisling very friendly and professional. Food was tasty though apple tart did taste like shop bought. Bar nice an spacious with friendly staff. Breakfast ok, didn't wow me. Standard hot items, cereal juice. Fruit choice limited no sessional fruits like summer berries.had to ask for tea an coffee. Skirting boards around this room badly need a clean they were filthy with dust an food crumbs. Nice walks around course. Hotel needs a pool. Overall had an alright stay but I wasn't won over to re visit again. Could take a few tips from Farnham, Lyrath hotels both much nicer an more impressive. Do like the fact most staff seemed local.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Tinaanto
Hello Tinaanto,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that we didnt wow you but thank you for your honesty. We will certainly use all of your suggestions and points to improve.
I will pass on your comments to Aisling in the restaurant also.

I do hope that you see some improvements on your next trip to Tulfarris.

Hopefully see you soon,

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just wanted to take the opportunity to thank Tulfarris for a lovely stay. I previously reviewed the hotel last summer, following our wedding there, and we were treated to a return stay for our 1st anniversary.
As always the staff were friendly and efficient, and especially welcoming - the meal and restaurant staff were great, and room was perfect.

1 Thank paddyh117
Hello Paddy

Thank you for the lovely review and I am delighted that you had a lovely 1st Anniversary back with us. I hope it brought up some very fond memories of the day.

Hopefully we will see you again before your 2nd.

Dublin Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and i stayed in this hotel on a grabone deal for one night. The situation of this hotel is truly beautiful.
On arrival we were upgraded to a suite in the manor house - a seperate buliding to main hotel. It looked quite impressive from outside - when we entered there were bottles and glasses all over the landing plus the detritous of cleaning equipment which we had to step over to get to room - there had been a wedding the day before and rooms were being cleaned - that is understandable it has to be done - but this was after 3pm? - it just was not a very nice scene to arrive to.
Our room looked lovely on first sight with a lovely bathroom with roll top bath and seperate shower, large windows in bedroom lovely light etc - I then discovered that the cleanliness was not good - there were hairs in the bottom of the bath and a stain on the toilet seat. Both of which I removed.... I sat down on bed and noticed that the head board (which was fabric) was covered in dust - I mean thick with dust along top of headboard and down on fabric - you could not miss it if you were cleaning room. There were stains all over carpet - this was a creamy white carpet - stains were very visible and plentiful. The bedside tables were thick with dust also. This was a beautiful room - really very nice - the cleaning left a LOT to be desired.
We had our dinner in Lime Tree restaurant - it was very nice with a lovely view and staff were pleasant. Breakfast next morning was very busy - server units were topped up ok but some of the contents were not hot.
I think this hotel could be fabulous - staff need some training in customer service and attention to detail - no question about it.

1 Thank irish_eyes007
Hello Irish_eyes007

Thank you for your review and taking the time to write it. It really is with feedback like this that we learn and grow. As you can see from all other reviews we pride ourselves on good service and standards. We certainly let ourselves down with you but I can assure you that this is not the norm.
I would love if you could contact me directly yourself so I may talk this through with you and offer my sincere apologies for our shortcomings.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

County Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Had a fantastic one night stay here with my other half. Hotel is in a beautiful location by the Blessington Lakes. Was kindly given a complimentary upgrade to a suite and it was FAB. Huge room and has a gorgeous view over the golf course and lakes. Staff were all very professional and kind. Had dinner in the Lime Tree Restaurant and it was really tasty, steak was perfectly cooked and the views from the restaurant are lovely too. Amazing value for money and would love to return again. Thanks for a lovely stay :)

Co.Antrim
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights on a Grab One deal. The hotel is very nice and we were upgraded to the Foxglove Room in the Manor House. The room was lovely but we found it very quiet as we were away from the main hotel. A lot of stairs to the room on the top floor and then to walk to the main hotel for dinner which was up more stairs. Unfortunately my husband has trouble walking and found all these stairs difficult. We were not aware of this when checking in. Needs a lift badly. All in all the food and service was excellent. Really enjoyed our stay. Told receptionist when checking out that water needs to be looked at in Foxglove room as we had no cold water to clean teeth etc. Water in cold tap was luke warm and we couldn't let it run too long as sink filled up - obviously blocked. Receptonist she would report it to maintenance to get sorted.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

So nice to be met with a smile! We attended a family wedding - from the time we checked in to the hotel and left the next morning - we were met with lots of 'smiles' from the staff. One can't negate the positive influence of being greeted with eyecontact and a smiling face. This is an excellent hotel - because of all its staff - from the reception area, bar staff, wedding breakfast staff and bar staff - who were under tremendous pressure! Really recommend this venue for a memorable wedding day - location is stunning and less than an hour from Dublin.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank doylemary2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blessington
Druids Glen Hotel & Golf Resort
Osprey Hotel & Spa
Parkview Hotel
Parkview Hotel
#2 of 2 in Newtown Mount Kennedy

Been to Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!