We stayed in the Tulfarris in mid August as had a family wedding in Dublin. We also wanted to combine the holiday with some golf.
On arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist and quickly booked in.
I booked a double room with a seating area and to our surprise we had two rooms, a bedroom and a separate lounge area with a balcony and a small kitchenette. There was also a bathroom which was modern with a good shower, various bath oils etc. plenty of hot water and towels changed everyday. There were even two televisions one in the bedroom and one in the lounge area. Couldn`t get much of a programme but we were there to play golf not to watch telly. The bed was comfortable and had pristine white clean sheets. The safe in the room didn`t work at first but no problem the maintenance soon sorted it out. The decor in both rooms were modern, comfortable and well decorated.
The breakfast had a good variety of cereals, fruit etc. The hot breakfast consisted of the usual items bacon, sausage, mushrooms etc and the eggs were cooked to order and came out hot and freshly cooked. The evening meal was lovely and plenty of variety and well cooked. We had window seats for most of our meals and it was beautiful looking over the golf course and lakes. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly and helpful.
The golf course is beautifully set out amongst the Blessington lakes. It is well kept and greens are good. There is even complimentary coffee half way round. It is, however, a very tricky course and the average golfer will find it tough. But that didn`t spoil our enjoyment of the course.
Set amongst the lakes the hotel is not near any town, except the small town of Blessington, which basically does not have anything other than a few shops. Naas is a good drive away taking 1/2 hour or so in and out of winding roads. So best advice is to dine in the hotel and you will not be disappointed with the food. The main bar downstairs is lively with outside seating area.
We will certainly be visiting the Tulfarris again when we are in the area. The hotel also offers very good deals with dinner, bed and breakfast and golf.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tulfarris Hotel and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tulfarris Hotel And Golf Blessington
- Tulfarris Hotel Blessington
- Tulfarris Resort Blessington
- Tulfarris Hotel And Golf Resort Blessington, Ireland - County Wicklow