“Golf Course Great. Golf Staff AWFUL”

Tulfarris Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Blessington
More attraction details
Owner description: Standing by the shores of Blessington Lakes will leave you speechless. Set across three peninsulas, renowned course architect Patrick J. Merrigan has created a stunning 18-hole championship golf course paradise at Tulfarris. Test your handicap among breath-taking surroundings where ponds and wild grasses blend into the exciting design against sweeping panoramic views.
Dublin, Ireland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Golf Course Great. Golf Staff AWFUL”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Literally just home after a 4 ball with my father, uncle and friend.

Im beyond angry with the staff of the golf club.

Firstly, The Golf Course itself is spectacular. Even after all the rain yesterday (02/08/2014) it was in sublime condition. The greens were perfect and the fairways were immaculate. Bunkers were waterlogged but in fantastic condition otherwise. So 5/5 for the golf course itself.

Now onto the staff. Norma, the attendant behind the till, was were it started. We got there at 1.50pm for a 2.50pm tee off. We went down to the hotel and had a lovely lunch before heading out. My father and uncle went back up to collect and pay for their buggy. Norma wasnt there. She then showed up and said if we didnt get out before 3pm we wouldnt be going out. This was at 2.50pm (even though she wasnt in the shop) and then it took her 5 mins to get the buggy.

We made it out before 3pm. Where we were hit with "Hurry up matchplay behind you" by members at the first. DO I CARE? NO. The matchplay can wait. I paid to play here. If any course can live off just members, they wouldnt take green fees. We have just as much right to play.

We made it to 7th. Matchplay 2 holes BEHIND US. The course ranger comes over to hurry us up, them still 2 behind us, telling us hes stopping us on 9 and letting them play through. He wasnt happy with the reaction he got from us. It completely through us off and wasnt enjoyable from there on in. He watched us tee off at 10, as if he was going to stop us. My father hit the ball left twice as he felt under pressure and stressed.

We will NEVER RETURN TO THIS GOLF CLUB. However the course itself is beautiful, tough, and scenic. The staff leave alot to be desired for.

5 Thank DamienOB

Mullingar, Ireland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wicklow gem”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Lovely course and very challenging, really enjoyed it. Well kept, but I suspect it could be very wet during the winter months. Played from the back tees, did not lose a ball so very happy for a course I have never played before. Some holes have water.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good course, great test.”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Good course great condition with wide fairways but very punishing rough if you stray. Thought the Ladies tees were a bit quirky and thought they had been added after the course was built. They were very small and well ahead of the main trouble on the course. I enquiried when I completed the round and was told they had been added as visiting Ladies' parties had been discouraged by the difficulty and length which is fair enough. Perhaps any single figure handicap ladies might prefer to play from the yellow tees.
I thoroughly recommend this course and the friendly staff.

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Great course in a beautiful location”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

While the above is true be prepared for a LONG track. Particularly for men, it is very long off the Tee. They have recently put in new Tee Boxes for the ladies which make it a little less challenging off the red tees. We played there on a lovely day - which always helps. The course (Greens, Tees, Fairways etc) is in excellent condition. There is a wonderful variety of holes (none of them easy) with lots of water here and there! To give some perspective tho - I am a 15 handicap. So for the 'single figure big hitters' they'll have no problem with the length, I'm sure. Trees foliage etc are all very mature and make for a lovely setting/walk. We had a meal after in the clubhouse/hotel which was lovely. We were graciously hosted so I cannot rate it on value for money. But from what we experienced it seems worth a visit.

Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First game of golf”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

went golfing with my husband who golfs .Staff v friendly greens perfect ,super views great way to spend a few hours .Even had a hut with tea/coffee facilities at the 9th hole

Visited June 2014