Just back from a one night stay to the Innishowen Gateway hotel. The family room was large, clean and warm. We ate in the bar and the choice of food was excellent and the portions were very generous. The food itself was really good - I was dubious following the previous reviews re food but concerns were not valid. The service from all staff that served us was attentive and friendly.
The leisure centre, especially the swimming pool, was great for the children and ourselves alike. All staff involved in the Santa's Kingdom were great and made our children feel special. After attending Santa's Kingdom the children were offered a movie night and a chance to play in the children's play area the morning after attending Santa's Kingdom.
Finally, having returned home, the Children have just received a letter from Santa thanking them for meeting him in Innishowen,
The hotel may be 3 star in grade but the service we received was 4 plus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inishowen Gateway Hotel is located just outside the picturesque town of Buncrana on Donegal's Inishowen Peninsula. The hotel commands stunning views of the majestic Lough Swilly leading out on to the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel has 80 well appointed en-suite bedrooms, many of which overlook the lake. Some of the facilities are the Gateway Health & Fitness Club, Seagrass Wellbeing Centre, Planet Active for kids & The Peninsula Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Inishowen Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishowen Gateway Hotel Buncrana
- Inishowen Gateway Buncrana, County Donegal