I attended the Sunday Lunch Carvery at the Inishowen Gateway last week with friends and family as it had been recommended by friends and family in recent months and always did have an excellent reputation for great service and food on a Sunday.
This Sunday proved to be no different in terms of food quality and flavour. The quality of the food was absolutely fabulous and the chefs deserve recognition for a great selection of starters, desserts and a award winning main event showcasing freshly cooked joints of beef, lamb, turkey, ham, breaded chicken with all the trimmings and a choice of sauce. It really was a banquet to behold.
I really wanted to put my feet up and relax however the standard of the service left me a little disappointed and on edge from the start. We were left standing at the entrance to the buffet for what seemed like a really long period of time before being acknowledged and seated by a member of staff. When we were seated the order of service was not explained and nobody took a drinks order. I took a drinks order from the table and took it to the bar only to be told to have a seat and wait for a member of staff to come and take the order. Service at the table was non-existent and we were not asked if we were enjoying our meal or if we wanted further drinks which was disappointing as I always like a glass of wine with my Sunday Roast, and maybe some bottled water for the table?
Maybe next time when we go we will receive better service to match the calibre of the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inishowen Gateway Hotel is located just outside the picturesque town of Buncrana on Donegal's Inishowen Peninsula. The hotel commands stunning views of the majestic Lough Swilly leading out on to the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel has 80 well appointed en-suite bedrooms, many of which overlook the lake. Some of the facilities are the Gateway Health & Fitness Club, Seagrass Wellbeing Centre, Planet Active for kids & The Peninsula Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Inishowen Gateway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishowen Gateway Hotel Buncrana, County Donegal
- Inishowen Gateway Buncrana