“Good grub and Good prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inishowen Gateway

Inishowen Gateway
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Buncrana
Newry, United Kingdom
“Good grub and Good prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I wanted to log in to say that my experience at the Inishowen gateway was a great one - we were there for a family birthday and even though the Christmas rush is on we were well looked after by the staff. The food was great and I would certainly be back here again.

1 Thank SteveJ50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We decided to take my 2 young children 2 santas kingdom..which I must say was gud but prob a bit rushed..staff were friendly at check in but was very disappointed wen we got to our room only to find one of the beds was a horrible camp bed shoved in the corner!!..room was clean and comfortable enough tho..we had booked into the restaurant for dinner at 6 to ensure plenty of time to eat before the kids took off for the santa show at 8..how wrong were we!! After sitting for almost an hour..still no starter!! Altough to be fair the manageress did explain that there had been a mixup over or order an promptly offered us a complimentary drink..wen the main did eventually arrive it was tastless an horrible to say the least..the delay in our order left us rushin to fin our meal an there was a very poor choice on the in house menu..will I visit again..no way not for the price we paid!!

• Stayed December 2013
Buncrana, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

The very best of staff who looked after our kids for the santas Kingdom experience. What a show. A must see for every one young and old. Exceptional helpful staff especially erika deery who went out of her way to help and organise such a busy event. So a big thanks to erika, kirsty and mrs claus and of course santa himself for making my kids experience so magical. X x x x

Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Unfortunately I hadn't realised when booking this hotel several months ago that it is Santa's home during the December weekends. My husband and I were there for our anniversary night away and were greeted by more children in santa jumpers than you could imagine when we checked in.
That said once we got our room ( I hadn't realised they don't check in until 4) it was very pleasant, clean and if the weather had have been better worth the supplement for the Lough view. We ate in the restaurant that night and despite it being very busy ( more children !!) the food and service was excellent worthy of a 5star restaurant. The breakfast was also great the next morning.
Definately worth a visit but you may want to give it a miss in December unless your bring your own little elves

Room Tip: Pay the supplement for a Lough view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HAHA-TRIP
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

My 6 yr old and 3 year old LOVED this.. Everything from meeting the elves and singing songs on the way down to santa kingdom and mrs claus is BRILLIANT... she had every childs undivided attention... walking down the corridor to the polar bears was beautiful. Into Mrs Claus kitchen to decorate cookies, making Christmas decoration, the elves school and the story.. all very well done and the boys loved every minute of it. But going into see santa and then he comes down the chimney... it brought tears to my eyes to see my kids faces.. PRICELESS!! Playing in Planet active while waiting to see santa was excellent idea. But the bit that sets this place apart from anywhere else is the staff.... there was a little bit of an understandable mix up with the present my oldest son got off santa and unfortunately got a bit upset over it but immediately one of the 'elves' came over and said she would get him another present - she came back with a football for him... as far as he was concerned he had just won the lotto! she was BRILLIANT... Folks I cannot fault this as a treat to see santa.. the over night accommodation, breakfast the next morning...there was quite a few kids around and the hotel catered COMPLETLY for them.. and the price for the whole thing ? well I can understand how they were sold out for a sat night back in sept... To all in the hotel.... well done guys you have created a memory that my kids will hold in their minds for the rest of their lives.. from a business point of view - another HUGE well done.. It was great to see a hotel so full of families enjoying life and the wonder and excitement of Christmas without being ripped off! I hope it was a successful business venture because I will be back during the summer to see you all. xx

Room Tip: explain your needs at check in and they will give you the best option for your stay .
2 Thank Pamela069
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

back again for my sons fifth birthday, yet again the hotel and staff,especially Erica excelled themselves, from start to finish it was a magical visit for my son, when the staff found out it was his birthday, a cake was given to him by mrs.clause,santa was brillant,just to see the kids faces when he came down the chimmney was priceless, i thought last year couldnt be beaten but i was wrong,this year was even better and as long as he believes in Santa we will keep bringing him back here, in my sons own words,the real Santa lives in donegal,I would highly recommend any family with young kids to visit here, also rooms excellent, food fantastic,as part of the package we booked all included,great value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Very nice hotel with friendly staff,good breakfast and nice view over the lake. The room was clean and nice but was over the carpark. The play area for kids was close because of the changing to the winter wonderland. The restaurant has a beautiful view over the lake but in the second morning was very foggy. It's very beautiful area to visit but during the summer cause the weather was very changing

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the lake not to the car park
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buncrana
The Harbour Inn
#1 of 1 in Portnablagh
An Grianan Hotel
An Grianan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burt

Been to Inishowen Gateway? Share your experiences!