We stayed at the Inishowen Gateway on Sunday 19th January for one night. We got a deal on the hotel's website for DBB for £33 each. This hotel is only 18 miles from our home and we have passed it many times but never stayed. As we just wanted to chill for a night it suited us to go somewhere within a half hour drive. We were welcomed warmly and given a room overlooking the golf course and lough swilly. There was a king size bed and a single in the room. We enjoyed an early evening drink in the bar and then relaxed for a few hours before enjoying a delicious four course meal served in the bar. The restaurant doesn't appear to open on a Sunday night but the bar is really nice and if you get a table near the window so much the better. We really couldn't fault the food, a sirloin steak was cooked medium as requested and the salmon was delicious. The staff were pleasant and helpful and appeared relaxed and unhurried. We enjoyed a good nights rest in a comfortable bed with the best pillows we've ever experienced in a hotel. Next morning breakfast was served in the restaurant and offered fresh fruit, cereals, hams, cheeses and various breads and pastries as well as a very well executed full Irish. We lingered at our table,marvelled at the bright, sunny
January morning and wished we had more time to enjoy the view to Rathmullan and inch island. We consoled ourselves by agreeing to return again very soon for another lazy Sunday. At £66 for two this is the best value overnight stay in the north west of Ireland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inishowen Gateway Hotel is located just outside the picturesque town of Buncrana on Donegal's Inishowen Peninsula. The hotel commands stunning views of the majestic Lough Swilly leading out on to the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel has 80 well appointed en-suite bedrooms, many of which overlook the lake. Some of the facilities are the Gateway Health & Fitness Club, Seagrass Wellbeing Centre, Planet Active for kids & The Peninsula Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Inishowen Gateway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishowen Gateway Hotel Buncrana, County Donegal
- Inishowen Gateway Buncrana