Let's be clear, this is not a five star hotel or even a four star hotel when it comes to those things that would make a hotel these standards BUT as a family hotel, this is four and a half stars and can be five stars.
The staff are "amateur" at times but the willingness is there. Service can be slow, awkward and sometimes bordering on embarrassing but if you persevere, it all works out in the end.
You may ask why I am giving this hotel five stars when my review is so critical. The reason is that I want to manage prospective guests expectations. If you want a family friendly hotel with average to above average food and an understanding from the staff of the challenges of parenthood; go to this hotel. If you want a bit of luxury, book into Ballyliffen hotel but don't expect the same Craic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inishowen Gateway Hotel is located just outside the picturesque town of Buncrana on Donegal's Inishowen Peninsula. The hotel commands stunning views of the majestic Lough Swilly leading out on to the Atlantic Ocean. The hotel has 80 well appointed en-suite bedrooms, many of which overlook the lake. Some of the facilities are the Gateway Health & Fitness Club, Seagrass Wellbeing Centre, Planet Active for kids & The Peninsula Restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your Inishowen Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inishowen Gateway Hotel Buncrana
- Inishowen Gateway Buncrana, County Donegal