“Old World!”

Ranked #9 of 30 Restaurants in Buncrana
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I feel like I am going back in time when I eat at the Lake of Shadows! The food is wholesome and plentiful. The service is quick and friendly. A great place for a hot meal on a cold day/evening. The decor is tired and a little dreary. Live music is played on the weekends.

2  Thank LesleyJM2014

Reviewed 13 July 2014

For many years I have called here for a meal when I am visiting my family in Buncrana. I have never had a bad meal. This time I chose the Killybegs Salmon with crispy cabbage and mashed potato. My wife chose the lamb pie. Both dishes were excellent especially the fish which was cooked perfectly. Once again the service was great. I very much look forward to eating here again on my next visit to Buncrana.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Staff always very friendly in this hotel, great night life at the weekends and food is always good. Very reasonable rates for both hotel and dinner

1  Thank annamarie592013
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have dined at this restaurant a few times mainly because I have been invited. The staff are pleasant and the restaurant itself has nice decor.

Unfortunately the food is the let down. The majority of the times it is just as good as what I could do (and I am no chef). It has never been excellent. At worst, the vegetables taste like they have been reheated, something is cold (when it should not be), or something was missing on the order.

Would I recommend it, not really. There are other restaurants in Buncrana that serve better prepared food.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I did not stay at this hotel on this occasion, but I had lunch there on one day during my recent visit. The food is simple, unpretentious and very well prepared and represents excellent value for money. Simply delicious! And the staff are welcoming, efficient and friendly.