“Wonderful food, great service”

Hunter's Lodge Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 28 February 2013

First impressions, cosy and welcoming with a lovely roaring fire. The food was very reasonable and was delicious, My spouse and I ate there on two evenings. The beef is highly recommended and the caesar salad has to have been the best I have ever tasted in my travels. The owner/ barman was jovial and welcoming and we felt right at ease.

There are newer reviews for Hunter's Lodge Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Food and service excellent! Friendly bar owner. Meals were great: chicken with ham/cabbage and mash, steak, fish & chips -- all served hot, fresh and fast. Lovely atmosphere, close to castle.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I just loved this place. The atmosphere amazing and the food were really good. The owner was the waitress and host and a pleasure to talk with. Enjoyed it so much that I ate their two nights in a row.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Went for lunch on a rainy day and walked through the bar to get to the dining room. Cute place, comfortable booths, charming atmosphere. Since it was cold ( for June) and rainy I decided to try the soup of the day, Tomato. I was prepared for some version of Campbell"s. Was I ever surprised to sip delicious homemade soup accompanied by homemade bread. yum! Perfect. My husband stepped out of the typical Irish food and had a burger ....he was delighted. It too, was delicious. Rice pudding for dessert rounded out the meal....yum. It was warm and clearly homemade. We enjoyed people watching almost as much as the food and it was easy to strike up a conversation with the patrons. Service was also excellent....place was very clean!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband and I were recommended to visit this Bar for dinner. We loved the food, atmosphere and the host. Our meal was very nice, so we even went back the next night, even though we weren't that hungry. Thank you. Cant wait to watch the movie The Quiet Man. (Go to the restaurant and you will see why)