Hunter's Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Newmarket-on-Fergus
See available hotels
    Dromoland Castle Hotel(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
    Great 4.5/5
    The Inn at Dromoland(Newmarket-on-Fergus)
    • Restaurant
    Great 4.5/5
    Good 3.5/5
    All reviewsthe pubeach morningfantastic staykathleengalwayirelandhosts
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 27 September 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here a couple of weekends ago for a wedding in Limerick and a reception at Dromoland Castle. Right from the off (we didn't arrive until 23:30) Robert and Kathleen made us feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. We stayed for 3 nights and were delighted with a fantastic full Irish breakfast each morning - even served for us in the bar one morning, after awakening from our slumber so late! Thank you Robert, Kathleen (also Stevie & co.) for your great hospitality. Oh yes, the Guinness was fantastic also and I'm sure Sir Arthur would be proud! Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 28 August 2012

Hunters Lodge was our destination as a base for a wedding at Dromoland Castle; I chose it based on location and trip advisor reviews - I was not disappointed. Right from the initial contact when I needed to book a number of rooms without definite confirmation, Kathleen could not have been more helpful. On arrival both her and Robert did everything they could to assist our party. We ate in the restaurant on two evenings and the food and the atmosphere were just perfect.

Room Tip: I would just add though that our room was at the front of the hotel and there was a little post-pub closing noise - nothing to cause a problem but maybe worth a mention if anyone is after a quieter room.
    • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 27 February 2012

My parents just stayed there this past weekend (for 4 nights) and had the most fantastic stay. Robert and Kathleen were great hosts and cooked a brilliant breakfast. My parents had a lovely meal each evening in the restaurant (apart from the night they were at a wedding in the castle) and Kathleen could not have been more welcoming. I had telephoned Hunters Lodge ahead of my parents stay to make sure everything was ok and to request an early check in and a late check out and this was all possible. I also paid some money to be used in the bar or restaurant as a treat to my parents and Kathleen wrote out a voucher for them and put it in their room as a little surprise. This is the ideal location for a quiet weekend and for those needing somewhere to stay close to Dromoland Castle.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 25 February 2012

we must have caught this place on the wrong day based on other reviews. food was awful (taste of mould off fish), over priced (charged €7 for a baby bowl - 2 scoops of mash and a drizzle of soup), salad was wilted and on the turn. Overall an unpleasant experience. My advie, hit teh nearby clare inn instead for food!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
    Reviewed 9 May 2011

What a find!

The host Robert, greeted us with genuine smile and chatted to us throughout the evening (we were in the pub section and wanted an evening meal). The menu was varied and traditional and the food was obviously freshly cooked to order. The mashed potatoes that came with the meal were so fabulous we had to ask how they were prepared!

The Guiness was thick and tasty and we had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Would highly recommend this pub.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple