3,918 results
All reviewsgolf coursehawk walkwalled gardenbeautiful groundsfelt like royaltydream come truefig treefalconry experiencecocktail barclay shootinghorseback ridinggolf clubthe main dining roomonce in a lifetimeour honeymoondrawing roompony and trap
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Visited for a wedding and ended up staying the night as a treat.
Service could not have been better and our 5 year old son was spoilt rotten by all the staff who took the time to make sure he had the best visit from endless supplies of ice lollies by the lady at reception to teddy bears and children's dressing gowns in the room. They even remembered his name wherever he went in the hotel.
Golf course was fantastic as were all the facilities the hotel had to offer.
The wedding was done amazingly and we had a great time on all the little visits we made in the week leading up to it.
It was expensive and the wedding bar bill was horrific, but I can guarantee, you get what you pay for.
I only wish I had taken the lady's name who showed us to our room and made my son feel so welcome as she deserves a special mention.

Room Tip: We were close to the wedding venue part of the hotel in a deluxe room and it was perfect with very little noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear ChisletFamily

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We were delighted that you stayed with us and it was a pleasure to spoil you all! I will share your comments with the entire team so your lovely comments will reach the intended staff member who showed you to your room.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to visit us again in the not too distant future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We decided to detour from my husband's golf tour to drive to Dromoland for two nights. We are so glad the we made the trip! We enjoyed afternoon tea in the Gallery, Movie Night In, we were the happy witnesses to a fireworks display. The next day golf for our son, horseback riding, clay pigeon shooting, spa appointments, archery and dinner. Archery the next mornig before we departed.
Thank you Liesha for arranging everything and the staff at the castle for sharing your talents! The Johnston Family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Johnston's!

We were thrilled you made the detour too! It was wonderful to welcome you and delighted that you managed to enjoy so many of the estate activities during your time with us.

I hope if you are traveling in Ireland again you will consider returning to stay with us, we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Mark Nolan & All The Team

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The finest service and facilities anywhere in the world. Attentive and accommodating in every respect. Guest focus and ultimate in service is paramount for the staff. Cannot say enough wonderful things about our stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank VSS0814

Dear VSS0814

We are thrilled to read your review and thank you for choosing to stay with us at Dromoland Castle. You have given the team a great boost.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to visit us again soon.

Best Wishes

Mark Nolan & All The Team

Reviewed 23 August 2014

A beautiful setting in amazing surroundings and we had an amazing time but was a little bit flawed with too many little mishaps . It did not spoil the amazing time we had but when you pay these kind of prices you can demand a little more we thought.

The rooms are beautiful decorated but a little frayed at the edges and the curtains. The bathroom was amazing in size and made you feel like royals.

the staff are super friendly and outstanding and they go out of their way to help you. They however first could not find my reservation and on check out the bill was wrong with items we never had and therefore took ages to sort out.

We had a few little hiccups with the bikes and a car transport to Shannon airport

We would certainly go back for sure and the place is beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rearthlondon

Dear rearthlondon

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you had an amazing stay with us. I am very sorry for the mishaps you encountered during your stay and hope these did not inconvenience you too much. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I will share your feedback with the management team.

I am delighted to read that you would return to us and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We were scheduling a trip through a travel agency and asked for one night in a castle as an added bonus. When they showed us this castle they booked for us, we loved it so much we added another night. Then they changed our plans on us and took away the castle. We almost cancelled our trip over that. They ended up getting us our castle back and upgraded us to the highest room in the tallest tower. We slept in the top of the turret overlooking the lake and it was beautiful! Everyone was so friendly right from the beginning. Our valet picked up our car from the parking lot and brought it up front, then helped us carry our bags up the 5 flights of stairs (the last floor was a spiral staircase) since they had no elevator. They had an envelope ready for us with our reservations for our Hawk Walk. The TV in the room greeted us by name. The room was enormous and gorgeous! The bathroom was spa-like. I fell in love with the fragrance of the Purple Water shampoos and lotion. They had turn-down service with chocolates and little Irish blessings on the pillows. Our Hawk Walk was incredible. Jim from the Falconry School led us on a beautiful walk on the grounds where I was able to allow Ginny, a Harris Hawk, fly to my gloved fist. One of the most incredible experiences of my life. Breakfast in the dining room was marvelous, the best croisssants I've ever eaten. Even with 2 nights, it wasn't enough to see and do everything available on the grounds. We discovered by accident upon leaving, their "secret" Walled Garden, and we walked through it in the cool morning before we left. This was expensive, but was the GEM of our entire trip, and we would totally do this again. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I cannot tell you how much I loved this place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear cturtle69

We are delighted that your travel agent rebooked your stay with us and you had such a wonderful time here. Thank you for taking the time to post such lovely comments which I will share with all the team.

We would love to welcome you back to visit us again so you can further enjoy all the hotel has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon.