3,954 results
All reviews golf course hawk walk walled garden beautiful grounds felt like royalty dream come true fig tree falconry experience cocktail bar clay shooting horseback riding golf club the main dining room once in a lifetime our honeymoon drawing room pony and trap
Reviewed 30 August 2014

The good - fabulous food from room service to breakfast to Earl of Thomond restaurant. Recommend their special fruit cake. Freshest muffins I've ever tasted at breakfast, great range of food at breakfast, will fill you up until dinner.

Excellent staff, very attentive but not intrusive like they can be at American hotels/restaurants. They obviously invest hugely in staff training & customer service. Cannot complement the staff enough.

Fabulous grounds, recommend an early morning run as a great way to see the grounds (with mist coming off the lake, was beautiful).

Interior is great, really can relish the castle experience, really enjoyed noticing something new that hadn't noticed the day before

Great outdoor hot tub

Really comfortable super king bed

Common areas great places to sit & read a book, have a drink, great open fireplaces too

The bad - felt as if we were given a room in the servants quarters! Small window in our room, little natural light, dark furniture. Seeing other guests rooms made us jealous, was always keen to leave the room as was a bit dreary. Thankfully could retreat to great common areas.

Gym & pool areas were not up to 5 star standards & need a complete overhaul.

No air conditioning in our room, nor in the golf clubhouse eating area where I had a rather sweaty dinner

Need a bit of perfecting on the Guinness pulling. Had a couple that had been left standing too long with a rather poor creamy head!

Butter was always too hard to spread... Getting this right is a real sign of attention to detail

Overall, highly recommend for a few days away in absolute luxury, cannot wait to return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Deargirl

Thank you for your comprehensive review.

I appreciate your feedback which I have taken on board and will discuss your points raised at our next management meeting in an effort to further improve of our standards.

Thank you for your recommendation and we all look forward to welcoming you back to visit us in the not too distant future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 30 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed there for one night, about a week and a half ago. Superior service by the porters, front desk, and the overall hotel staff. We ate in the Earl of Thomond for a fine dining evening. The food was extremely good. The breakfast in the same room was also very accommodating as the cold items were self serve, but if you wanted a hot breakfast, it could be ordered from the menu. Because our time was limited we were only able to explore parts of the well groomed and manicured gardens and grounds. I was able to participate in the falconry, which I found very informative and a great experience. Jim, the Harris Hawk handler, was very passionate about his work. This made my experience much more enjoyable. Next time, my boyfriend and I will be staying more than one night as there is lots to enjoy and experience at this castle.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tisha M

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on your recent stay with us. I will pass your comments to Jim (falconer) and the entire here.

We are delighted to read that you will return for longer next time, we look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

Best Wishes

Mark Nolan & All The Team

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Update bicycles and provide transportation to get to and from the airport many facilities in the states provide this service as part of their services. The gardens are beautiful and the walking paths are very special. I loved the fresh flowers found thru out the areas as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Smiyh

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Dromoland Castle for your birthday celebration.

I will make sure our complimentary bicycles are serviced or indeed replaced if needed after the busy summer season. While we do not offer a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport we are happy to arrange a taxi or chauffeur service for our guests.

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Dromoland. We ate at the Earl of Thomond which was fine dining. We used the facilities including a very informative falconry course and took a carriage ride through the woodlands. Sean has the gift of Blarney and tells wonderful tales for the entire ride.

The only problem we encountered was the air conditioning did not work in our state room and the staff were unable to fix the air during our stay. We were fortunate the days and evenings were not warm as the room as 10 degrees warmer than the rest of the hotel.

The employees all treated guests wonderfully. We were disappointed when our stay ended.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear fmpcpa

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review, we are all delighted you enjoyed your time with us an hope you will visit us again soon.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience caused with not being able to fix the air conditioning in your room and hope you were made comfortable with some fans if necessary.

Best Wishes

Mark Nolan & All The Team

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Dromoland Castle Hotel was an extremely enjoyable experience. They offered many activities to do while you're there. I did falconry and horse/trap ride. Both of the guides were very nice, and made the experience even better. They joked and laughed, while doing their job. The employees in the castle was very nice too. One was so,so,so sweet! She gave me milk and cookies for the night, and always wished me well on the activities we did. The food was excellent, and they had very polite waiters/waitresses. They also had some one play a harp, and it wasn't blaring even and we were right next to it. Some restaurants hire bands, but they are sometimes too loud and I can't hear what anyone is saying. The falconry was splendid. We took a walk on a path going through the woodlands. The Harris hawk was very nice and soft. At the end, we got to meet the other birds at the school of falconry on the castle grounds. The guide's name we had for falconry was Jim. The horse and trap were also very pleasant. We went through the woodlands again, but on a different path. The guide we had joked a lot. He was very friendly, and knowledgeable. His name was Sean.

All in all, it was a very enjoyable experience, and I hope to go there again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Leafheart0413

Thank you for choosing to stay at Dromoland Castle during your recent visit through Ireland. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and will share your comments with Jim (falconry), Sean (Pony & Trap) and indeed all the team here.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to visit us on your next visit to Ireland.

Sincerely