3,912 results
All reviewsgolf coursehawk walkwalled gardenbeautiful groundsfelt like royaltydream come truefig treefalconry experiencecocktail barclay shootinghorseback ridinggolf clubthe main dining roomonce in a lifetimeour honeymoondrawing roompony and trap
Reviewed 30 August 2014

The staff was perfect! Shane served us two nights and he was superb! A beautiful place! My only negative is that there is not a way to get a little snack without getting room service or going to the bar. It would have been nice to grab a snack after the bike ride. No drinks, except water,qà or snacks in the room. Except for the chocolate, which was wonderful! Check out the beautiful garden.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robin R
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Robin R

Thank you for your feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am very sorry that you missed the areas to pick up some light snacks rather than sitting in the bar, gallery or club house after your cycle. We have juices, waters, chocolate bars, fruit, all available at the golf club house where you would have dropped your bike back.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to visit us again in the near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We started our Tauck Tour at the wonderful place. Our room was very large. the whole place is amazing. dinners and breakfast were very good. the grounds and golf course were a joy to walk. our 2 night stay was perfect. old world charm. it's a castle !!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mark_Nolan_GM, General Manager at Dromoland Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Skinnyskier

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us as part of your Tauck Tour. I hope the rest of your visit through Ireland was enjoyable and if returning will keep us in mind for a future stay.

Best Wishes

Mark Nolan & All The Team

Reviewed 30 August 2014

The good - fabulous food from room service to breakfast to Earl of Thomond restaurant. Recommend their special fruit cake. Freshest muffins I've ever tasted at breakfast, great range of food at breakfast, will fill you up until dinner.

Excellent staff, very attentive but not intrusive like they can be at American hotels/restaurants. They obviously invest hugely in staff training & customer service. Cannot complement the staff enough.

Fabulous grounds, recommend an early morning run as a great way to see the grounds (with mist coming off the lake, was beautiful).

Interior is great, really can relish the castle experience, really enjoyed noticing something new that hadn't noticed the day before

Great outdoor hot tub

Really comfortable super king bed

Common areas great places to sit & read a book, have a drink, great open fireplaces too

The bad - felt as if we were given a room in the servants quarters! Small window in our room, little natural light, dark furniture. Seeing other guests rooms made us jealous, was always keen to leave the room as was a bit dreary. Thankfully could retreat to great common areas.

Gym & pool areas were not up to 5 star standards & need a complete overhaul.

No air conditioning in our room, nor in the golf clubhouse eating area where I had a rather sweaty dinner

Need a bit of perfecting on the Guinness pulling. Had a couple that had been left standing too long with a rather poor creamy head!

Butter was always too hard to spread... Getting this right is a real sign of attention to detail

Overall, highly recommend for a few days away in absolute luxury, cannot wait to return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Deargirl

Thank you for your comprehensive review.

I appreciate your feedback which I have taken on board and will discuss your points raised at our next management meeting in an effort to further improve of our standards.

Thank you for your recommendation and we all look forward to welcoming you back to visit us in the not too distant future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 30 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed there for one night, about a week and a half ago. Superior service by the porters, front desk, and the overall hotel staff. We ate in the Earl of Thomond for a fine dining evening. The food was extremely good. The breakfast in the same room was also very accommodating as the cold items were self serve, but if you wanted a hot breakfast, it could be ordered from the menu. Because our time was limited we were only able to explore parts of the well groomed and manicured gardens and grounds. I was able to participate in the falconry, which I found very informative and a great experience. Jim, the Harris Hawk handler, was very passionate about his work. This made my experience much more enjoyable. Next time, my boyfriend and I will be staying more than one night as there is lots to enjoy and experience at this castle.

Dear Tisha M

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review on your recent stay with us. I will pass your comments to Jim (falconer) and the entire here.

We are delighted to read that you will return for longer next time, we look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

Best Wishes

Mark Nolan & All The Team

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Update bicycles and provide transportation to get to and from the airport many facilities in the states provide this service as part of their services. The gardens are beautiful and the walking paths are very special. I loved the fresh flowers found thru out the areas as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Smiyh

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Dromoland Castle for your birthday celebration.

I will make sure our complimentary bicycles are serviced or indeed replaced if needed after the busy summer season. While we do not offer a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport we are happy to arrange a taxi or chauffeur service for our guests.

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely