“Veru good overall experience.”

Deerfields Restaurant
Price range: US$28 - US$39
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Deerfields Restaurant is the elegant dining room of the Inn at Dromoland. The restaurant provides a relaxing, cosy atmosphere for all of your dining requirements. At the Inn at Dromoland we aim to ensure that your dining experience is a truly enjoyable one. Using the freshest, local ingredients our menu is sure to impress you.
Dublin, Ireland
“Veru good overall experience.”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We ate here as we were staying at The Inn with a good value voucher. I wrote a little of our dining at Deerfields but here I can expand.

I always love to eat at the hotel .we are staying in, although this can be a very hit or miss affair, as it means we are already home after eating and having some wine!

Deerfields came out very well indeed and in no small part to the wonderful service we had from Virginia and Izat who looked after us royally and always with a smile,. Professional, attentive though not intrusive service is always welcome.

The bright and cheerful dining room I guess has just been renovated and does exude a nice air of charm.

Now to the food. Remember this is not a Michelin star restaurant so you have to keep in mind what you are paying. Our meal, as stated, was included but my pic of the menu shows reasonable prices for the fare offered. Starters; the Ardsallagh cheese salad for sure needs more cheese and less pastry, though the pastry was baked perfectly. Tasty and flavoursome terrine with a well made chutney.

On to mains of pork escalopes with a crispy and oil free coating though I would not serve it on a bed of peppers as too many people, like me, hate cooked sweet bell peppers. They do not go with pork at all. The hake was to have a crust which wasn't there! The fish was delicious, and again perfectly cooked, so it wasn't a huge deal.

How often have I steamed when a kitchen has the nerve to serve cold or even cool food....it is for sure one of my pet hates from a kitchen and is inexcusable as it is just darn laziness.

Here at Deerfields, the chef serves decent, cooking from a good kitchen that thankfully gets the food out hot and fresh.

All in all a very good evening with no complaints from us.

• Visited October 2013