“great night sleep”

The Inn at Dromoland
Killarney, Ireland
“great night sleep”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I knew this hotel when it was called the Clare Inn the hospitaly is still the same but the facelift has been wounderfull. I was checked in Liz met me with a lovely smile and gave me a nice room overlooking the golf course.The bar staff were very nice,food excellent.The lady serving breakfast next morning had a word for everyone. Well done all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear jackletfet,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us at The Inn at Dromoland. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us but also that you have noticed the improvements we have made to the hotel in the last 18 months.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future,

Deputy Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 15 May 2014

we stayed here at Easter with our 2 granddaughters,aged 5 & 8,I cannot praise the Inn at Dromland enough, beautiful rooms,good food,lovely leisure centre,and so much entertainment for the little people,, great praise is due to the staff,who are lovely. and so helpful, in particular the girls in the kids club,great value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Julie Ann C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at The Inn at Dromoland. I am delighted to see that you all enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your lovely comments about our staff - we are very lucky to have the lovely staff we have.

I hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you all back to the hotel in the future,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We Really enjoyed our stay at the 'Inn at Dromoland'. We stayed here before when it was the 'Clare Inn Hotel'. Now taken over by Dromoland Castle, I must say we are looking forward to returning next year, as there is a total refurbishment well under way, now I think at stage 2 of 4 stages.
The 'Inn' is on the same beautiful grounds as the Dromoland Castle Hotel, where in the past it might have been considered the poor relative to the Castle, is certainly not the case now when it comes to Service and Cuisine. There is also a courtesy car connecting both.
The first thing that hit me was the amount of Staff and the efficiency and professionalism in which they carried out their duties. The only word that came to mind over and over again was 'Swarm', restoring the Hotel to its original condition over and over, like a training ground for the Castle Hotel... . Even when they spoke it was 5 star, smile, good positive answer, and even stopped to chat when appropriate. I asked Áine at reception who the person in the suit cleaning breakfast tables was,only to be told it was the General Manager 'Nico'.
The Queen Bee among the workers, impressive.
Among the completed renovations was the all new Bar called Shannigans Gastro Bar (i would drop the word 'Gastro'). It again was staffed to the same standard, led by Anthony, managing a chat and taken our compliments.
As for the bar and restaurant food I thought there was an express underground tunnel direct from the Castle hotel Restaurant it was so good.
Nigel (from Maintenance) was at hand on Good Friday to fix our broken socket and on Easter Monday to fix the door lock on our room as the Family rooms were not refurbished yet.
I can see the reasonable inexpensive 'Inn at Dromoland' been a perfect overflow for the more Luxurious 'Dromoland Castle' and maybe that is their aim.
During our stay the 'Inn' hosted the County Clare Heath of the Rose Of Tralee, a Golfing tournament and Co.Hosted 2 weddings with the Castle, firing on all cylinders and adding a bit of glitz to our stay.
A great place for the kids 12,10 and 3 years old, there were loads of activities, including Pool, Swimming, Crazy Golf, Tennis Court Activities, Amusements room and WiFi throughout. Some also using the corridors as a race track at bedtime which needs some security attention.
A well stocked Gym, Jacuzzi , plunge pool and Shannigans bar for the adults.
A great family orientated hotel for people tolerant of kids, but not so much for the romantic get away.
Great location on Ireland's network of motorways and great views of Clare, Limerick, the Shannon and Nth. Kerry.
This is my 1st review and really enjoyed it, and I believe credit where credit due...!!!!

The nearest town is Newmarket On Fergus and was worth a trip, it was spotless..!!!!!!
We took a trip to Lahinch Beach for the day, a magnet for Sun worshipers and surfers. Disappointed with playground been closed for renovations, no ATM working on a Bank Holiday Weekend and the local 'Day Break' shop insisting on you spending €12 before you could use your Laser card. Obviously not tuned in to the Spirit of Western Irish Tourism, but that's another Review waiting to happen..!!!

Room Tip: Phone ahead and ask Louise (Reservations Manager) for a room in the new refurbished section of the H...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Bosco1112014,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us here at The Inn at Dromoland. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us but also that you have noticed all the improvements and changes that we have carried out to the hotel in the last 12-18 months. Your kind comments about our staff that you met throughout your stay are also kindly appreciated.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future,

Cornwall
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here recently as some friends were getting married in the nearby Dromoland Castle. We were pleased with the service provided. Breakfast was all fresh and very tasty with good service. Our room wasn't one of the newly refurbished ones and was getting a bit tired I.e bathroom hot tap wouldn't turn off. But the rooms were nice and big and beds comfy.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ShellsamCornwall
Dear ShellsamCornwell,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us here at The Inn at Dromoland. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have another phase of refurbishment beginning in the hotel towards the end of this year & into next year - this will encorporate additional bedrooms in the hotel.

Dublin
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had a really great time here at Easter with two young girls who were well entertained .. The refurbished rooms were lovely very clean and comfortable.. Food was excellent and having the shannigans gastro bar at the hotel wAs great and their food was great with excellent service all round ...great value for money will definitely be back next Easter

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Candlabra,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us here at The Inn at Dromoland. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future,

Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one Saturday night, and I'm still exhausted! This is the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in, kids running up and down the corridor at all hours not to mention the adults arguing in the room above at four in the morning, when they did the refurb they forget to noise proof the rooms! Bring the bleach if you plan on using the leisure centre, so so dirty,. The only thing going for this hotel is the young staff, they were obliging and helpful unlike the more senior staff who were rude and snotty- names I will not mention,.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Emv0
Dear Emv0,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us here at The Inn at Dromoland. I appreciate your feedback and I do apologise about your experience in the leisure centre, I have passed on your review to our Leisure Centre Manager. We do try to keep the children off the corridors late at night and we do advise the parents of this. Sometimes unfortunately it is out of our control.

Thank you for your comments about our staff - it is great to see. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

NY
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The older rooms of this hotel are pretty worn and would have probably lost a star in this review, but we upgraded to a remodeled room and were happy with our decision. New room was nicely done and we were very comfortable in it for the 2 nights that we stayed. Great hotel to stay in with kids - there is a game room and pool to keep them busy. Micropub that is in the hotel was very good - we had two meals and both were excellent. Our package included breakfast and it was very good as well. Staff in the hotel were helpful and able to help us with any questions that we had. One complaint - one was an issue with the hot water on our second day which caused havoc with taking showers. Hot water was out in the morning and again that evening which was not very convenient. One additional thing that I would like to point out and this is nothing against the hotel - there are a lot of children that stay in this hotel and many of them are running up and down the hallways which can be disturbing for anyone trying to sleep in. Just wanted to point that out to anyone that might be looking for a quiet getaway. Overall, a nice play to stay at a decent rate.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Freebird29
Dear freebird29,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us at The Inn at Dromoland. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologise with the issue regarding the hot water. We did have a problem over the duration of your stay which I am happy to report has been fully rectified!

Kind Regards
Deputy Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket-on-Fergus
Dromoland Castle Hotel
#2 of 3 in Shannon
Bunratty Manor Hotel
Bunratty Manor Hotel
#1 of 2 in Bunratty

Been to The Inn at Dromoland? Share your experiences!