“Great staff, not great food”

The Inn at Dromoland
Dublin, Ireland
“Great staff, not great food”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had Sunday family lunch in the restaurant here last Sunday. Couldn't fault the staff or service but the food was not good - just very mass-produced and tasteless - would prefer they would charge a bit more and improve the quality. Won't be in a hurry back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Norin T,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent visit to us here at The Inn at Dromoland. I am pleased to see that our staff and service were good but I am disappointed to read that you didnt enjoy your food in the restaurant. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our chef for him to review it.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future,

Deputy Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed here before, went back recently since it was done up and its even better. Staff are friendly and helpful, couldn't do enough for the kids, nothing was a problem. Food was lovely and plenty of it. Plenty for the kids to do even the older ones.

Room Tip: End of the hall
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear SHill225,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us here at The Inn at Dromoland. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found there was plenty for the kids to do.

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Attached to the Dromoland Castle property is The Inn at Dromoland. Recently acquired and renovated. Rooms are very tastefully done. I am not certain if all rooms are upgraded at this point in time, but the one I had was, and it was very nice. The staff is well trained, and efficient. Overall the property is immaculate and well maintained. The attached pub Shannigans is also handy and good, although I only had a pint of Guinness and the tomato soup. Service in the pub was excellent too. Very well located, and probably 15 minutes from Shannon airport. I'd say a nice beginning or end to any trip to Ireland, or an extended stay could work as well. Nice because you can access and walk the grounds of the Dromoland Castle property as well. Breakfast was also nicely done. My only recommendation might be that the lounge area to the immediate inside right upon entering the property could be upgraded slightly to perhaps encourage a more inviting atmosphere to relax in.

2 Thank michael w
Dear michael h,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us here at The Inn at Dromoland. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your experience in Shannigans and that you also got to go down to Dromoland Castle while you were here.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed and dined at this little Gem of a hotel recently and i can't say enough about it.. the rooms so tastfully decorated and Shannigans gastro bar .. what a great asset.. it was fantastic
I had the honor of meeting the general manager Mr Nico Hernandez,. what a gentleman.. He couldn't do enough for us as it was very late when we arrived with a very tired seven year old.

After a good rest, the next day we experienced the fantastic friendly staff and Claire (another manager) which doesn't surprise me after meeting Mr Hernandez..
I can tell you i will definitely be speading the word about The Inn at Dromoland back home in Co Dublin, the next time i decide to visit the west coast i will be staying there much longer then a couple of nights.
Well done to all the staff, managers and Mr Nico Hernandez.....Tina and Dan from Co Dublin

Room Tip: every room is fantastic,beautiful views all around..
3 Thank Tina W
Dear Tina W,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us here at The Inn at Dromoland. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be polite & friendly - this is great to see.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Average hotel, clean and convenient. We stayed here for a wedding at the castle. The hotel was rammed and is a bit if a wedding factory. The shenanigans bar was decent, the breakfast was too busy and poorly managed but ok food for a hangover.

The only real down side was being accosted by another hotel guest upon our return from the castle who got upset when he asked us if we had any weed and we said no.

Interesting experience and still a decent stay but for the cost of a room it stung a little.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Richard187069,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. However I am disappointed to see your comments about a guest that was attending a function in the hotel. This is something we strongly object to here at the hotel so I am sorry that you had that experience.

I hope it wont deter you from returning to the hotel in the future,

Killarney, Ireland
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed for one night in this lovely hotel and had food in the bar. Our room was decorated very tastefully and the beds were so comfortable.

The food in the newly refurbished bar was very good and our waiter checked a few times to make sure everything was good for us.

You could do a stroll around the picturesque gardens of Dromoland Castle as this hotel is owned by the same people.

For all Fitness addicts, the hotel also has a leisure center including a pool.

We would highly recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to explore County Clare or who is flying out from Shannon airport.
It is only a 10 minute drive from Shannon Airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
ClaireCoughlan, Manager at The Inn at Dromoland, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Caitlin1612,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us here at The Inn at Dromoland. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you got to experience the different options that are available to our guests including the leisure centre and also the walled garden in our sister property, Dromoland Castle.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed in the hotel last week with my husband and two girls, we really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Our family room was very spacious with room for the girls to play. The food was very good and the hotel was very clean. The staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Dear Colly2013,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay here at The Inn at Dromoland. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your lovely comments about our staff. We are very lucky with the staff that we have here at the hotel.

Deputy Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newmarket-on-Fergus
Dromoland Castle Hotel
Treacys West County Conference & Leisure Hotel
The Old Ground
The Old Ground
#1 of 9 in Ennis

Been to The Inn at Dromoland? Share your experiences!