“Great Attention to Detail”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ben's Surf Clinic

Ben's Surf Clinic
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Lahinch
More attraction details
Owner description: Ben has been coaching surfing since 1993 and set up Bens Surf Clinic in Lahinch Co. Clare to become the top Lahinch surf school. We provide top quality surf lessons with a difference. We work in small groups (max 6) with a level 2/3 surf coach to give lots of personnal attention and hopefuly help you progress quickly. We coach all levels from beginner to advanced including video analysis. We were Irelands first hard board surf school and are delighted to coach you on your own board, or bring you throuhg the complete basics.All our lessons are for two hours in the water, as we believe time in the water is waht people really wnat and is also the best place to learn. We have a wide range of lessons and course for kids right through to the old adventurer so come along and try a new surf experience.
Thurles, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Attention to Detail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Booked a surf lesson with Ben's Clinic for myself and a couple of friends, we thoroughly enjoyed it, everything was very professional from the emails confirming the booking, point of contact getting kitted out with the wet suits and especially the surf instructor himself. What I really liked was the attention to detail, he was very clear on the instructions and very observant about your technique and how to improve on it. Will definitely be down there again soon.

Greystones, Ireland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Spontaneous Decision I've Ever Made”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had never been on any kind of board before, and we decided to book the lessons about an hour before actually going. Our instructor was incredibly patient and encouraging, and I was actually able to stand up a few times! Changing into the wet suits was a challenging experience, but so much fun. My friends and I had a blast, and I would highly recommend Ben's Surf Clinic to anyone going to Lahinch.

Visited March 2014
“End of year college trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Booked a surf lesson with Ben's Clinic for a group of 30 college students. We were mostly beginners but those that had more experience really benefited from the small instructor-student ratio and were getting more and more confident as the lesson went on! The instructors were very friendly and got very excited as we got the hang of it!
Some other people that weren't in our group had rented boards from a different company and got stuck in a rip. The instructors made sure that we were in a safe place to surf and even helped to rescue them. We were originally considering renting boards but I'm so glad that we organised the lesson as I felt much safer in the water and everyone really enjoyed themselves!

Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Surf Lessons”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Went with a work group for the wkend. We had multiple levels in our group from beginners to improvers and overall feedback from the group was excellent regarding the enthusiasm & knowledge shown by the instructors. Definitely would recommend Ben & his surf clinic.

Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Excellent tuition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I booked with Ben's surf clinic for a surf lesson for four people. The lesson was great and the instructor insured we were on the water as soon as possible. He was really positive the whole time which I feel helps to give people confidence. Everyone improved and had a great time.